Multifunction Cam Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multifunction Cam Arm

Ok, so far I have made 2 or 3 of the arms like Smart did....stole/borrowed his idea....but I kept wanting to make one that would work screwing in to wood or could be clamped on to a stand....I think I may have found what I've been looking for after a few semi-succesful attemts.....more info tommorow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SD531361.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	24742634

Name:	SD531362.JPG
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	24742635

Name:	SD531363.JPG
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	24742636

Dang Darryl.... if you ever decide to quit drinkin' Keystone/Coors stock is gonna plummet.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Dang Darryl.... if you ever decide to quit drinkin' Keystone/Coors stock is gonna plummet.
      I got yer back, D.

I'm kickin around the idea of a plate to screw to the tree with an arm for the camera, one for the bow, and another plane hood for your backpack. Maybe after the current, and next job are out of the way....

Comment

Hope that's a hardened lag. If not, it's gonna shear. Trust me.

Looks good. In the past, I've cut the thread end off a tree step and used it in order to keep things from coming from together.

Comment

Where did that cap come from...nice logo on it!

I have a a couple of screw in tree steps that I was going to use to weld to some tubing to make a camera arm or bow holder.
          Easier to start that a lag bolt too.

Comment

If it's not a hardened lag screw you can drill a pilot hole with one of those fast tapered, screw in steps and then screw your hootus in.

Comment

OK, it's tomorrow already. Come on wid it.

BTW, your koozie is a little on the short side.

>E

Comment

Hey Doc....don't you like it when you start/complete a DIY project and everybody tells you how it needs to be done.....

Comment

I've built a few, and like Casey said, cut treesteps seem to be the best when it comes to the screw part.

I'll be looking for the finished product...you never dissapoint!

Comment

Oh yeah, get one of these to help get your hole started.

Comment

Nice. I've been drilling pilot holes for the more permanent ones with my drill driver, and using a tree step to make a hole one the others. I don't know if getting the lag scalding hot is making it any harder or not. I haven't put that to the test yet. Thanks for the input.

Smart the send me royalty checks every month.

D~Mo we need to tear up a coupla dirty thirtys.

Comment

Looking good Doc.....Won't do me much good though from a ground blind! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by dr. death View Post
                          Nice. I've been drilling pilot holes for the more permanent ones with my drill driver, and using a tree step to make a hole one the others. I don't know if getting the lag scalding hot is making it any harder or not. I haven't put that to the test yet. Thanks for the input.

Smart the send me royalty checks every month.

D~Mo we need to tear up a coupla dirty thirtys.

getting it hot won't harden it. throw it in the campfire till a magnet wont stick to it then dunk it in some warmed (120-140 degree) oil. then put it in the oven for an hour at 400.

Comment

Here are the rest of the pics. Sorry for the delay. I used it Sunday to film a buck and the arm worked great.

Name:	SD531364.JPG
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	23858391

Name:	SD531366.JPG
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	23858392

Name:	SD531367.JPG
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	23858393

Name:	SD531368.JPG
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	23858394

Comment

turned out real nice , i'm going to half to make me one of those....

Comment

Working...
                              X