Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this thing a lot. Cool project.

Comment

Awesome thread! Following along for the finish!

Skinny

Comment

Looks great! That feed mill just down the road from you towards 259 has a truck scale if they would let you weigh down there. Would get you within 20 lbs. We don't service their scales so I can't guarantee their accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
          I'm a fan man! Wanna build one for a dually? [emoji51][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I just told a coworker yesterday that it was a cool project, but I don't know if I ever want to do another. At least not with a tight schedule. If we did another one it would have to be after the kids all build theirs. Had three kids ask already.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
            Looks great! That feed mill just down the road from you towards 259 has a truck scale if they would let you weigh down there. Would get you within 20 lbs. We don't service their scales so I can't guarantee their accuracy
            Which mill you talking about? Wasnt aware of one nearby.

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                Which mill you talking about? Wasnt aware of one nearby.
                There's one in about halfway between Cushing and 259, think the little community is called Trawick? It's kinda hard to see behind the trees, south side of the road.

Comment

Oh!!! I completely forgot about them. Didn't think about them having a scale.

Comment

You might cut a trap door in your bed so you can get to your fuel pump when it goes out/ That will some you a lot of time and aggravation.

Comment

Well, it's official. Im definitely not a painter. Thinking I should have gone satin instead of gloss, but it has gotten a lot of attention at school for sure. Set the locks and light in on one side to see what it would look like. Picture is kinda dark but if you squint you can make it out.

Comment

Excellent job!
                        Just curious. How much would it cost to powder coat something that size?

Comment

A lot more than I put in paint. I got quoted between $600 and $1200 just for a pair of bumpers and a set of steps. Was afraid to ask for the bed. I have a little under $200 in paint and primer. I definitely understand why the powder coat though. Lots of nooks and crannies that are almost impossible to paint without runs. I may have it powder coated later at some point, but as hard as this paint is, I think it will hold up almost as good for what Im gonna use it for. Plus, given my track record, I may or may not have this truck long enough to really wear out the paint on the bed. I don't foresee selling or trading, but you never know what the future holds.

Comment

Can't wait to see it at the fair

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bucksaw View Post
                              I just told a coworker yesterday that it was a cool project, but I don't know if I ever want to do another. At least not with a tight schedule. If we did another one it would have to be after the kids all build theirs. Had three kids ask already.

Understandable man. If you ever decide you want to build one let me know. I'm not in any hurry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_243 View Post
                                Can't wait to see it at the fair

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Just don't be too disappointed by the paint job.

Comment

Working...
                                X