Be carfeful filling feeders this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Be carfeful filling feeders this weekend

I had 40 bags of corn and twenty bags of protein to dump this weekend. Yesterday on bag number three I picked it straight up from the ground and ripped my bicep muscle loose near my elbow. It popped real loud and I seen all kinda stars. Sure was a lot of bad pain and ended up driving myself to the emergency room. I could not count how many bags of feed and corn I picked up that way and then this happens. BE CAREFUL, especially if your old.

I got aggravated in the emergency room, I had to pay 250.00 off my debit card for my deductible before they would do any type of xrays. They offered me pain shots and pills but I did not want anything other than an xray, I was hoping I did not break it but they say a ripped muscle is worse than a broke bone. Should have just went to the veterinarian for the xray and got a couple bute pills.

I got home and the first thing I did was pull my bow back and make sure I could still shoot. I can, but cant pull the arras out of the target. My wife put the bow up out of my reach after that.

I will know in a week if I need surgery. Im a hoping it heals on its own.

Comment

Hope everything heals as it should. Prayers

Comment

Dang, Hope it heals up on its on. be prayin for ya

Comment

That is just terrible luck.
          Best of luck to ya. Hopefully you wont need surgery

Comment

Wow. I hate how things in the 20's and 30's that were "easy" are hard and dang near kill ya in the 50's! Good luck, hope for quick healing! KJ

Comment

Dang hope you recover before season starts

Comment

If it’s bad enough, you’ll have to have surgery. My son had that happen to him several years ago. I also had it happen in my arm and in my leg, but neither was as bad as his. Surgery for him, none for me, but it took awhile to heal. The older you are, the worse it is. Just don’t make it worse Jeff. Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                  If it’s bad enough, you’ll have to have surgery. My son had that happen to him several years ago. I also had it happen in my arm and in my leg, but neither was as bad as his. Surgery for him, none for me, but it took awhile to heal. The older you are, the worse it is. Just don’t make it worse Jeff. Good luck !
                  Yeah its killin me to just drag azz around the house. I am supposed to get some help tomorrow to fill my feeders and check cows.

Comment

I pulled the the muscle under my arm pit lifting feed bags six months ago, slight tear and still healing. It sucks to get old. Have worked out all my life and hit my late 50's and things start falling apart.

Comment

Well, just go get it fixed now and avoid the delay. I tore mine same place back in April. Long story short, I thought I was tough enough and it would heal on its own, it won’t. I had surgery July 2 to repair the torn tendon and the surgeon ended up severing the brachial artery while trying to clean up scar tissue that accumulated from not getting it fixed sooner. I start rehab tomorrow. I haven’t been able to work for 5 weeks now. It’s best to have repairs done within a couple of weeks of the injury and rehab goes a lot better the quicker you have it done. Good luck with your recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                        Well, just go get it fixed now and avoid the delay. I tore mine same place back in April. Long story short, I thought I was tough enough and it would heal on its own, it won’t. I had surgery July 2 to repair the torn tendon and the surgeon ended up severing the brachial artery while trying to clean up scar tissue that accumulated from not getting it fixed sooner. I start rehab tomorrow. I haven’t been able to work for 5 weeks now. It’s best to have repairs done within a couple of weeks of the injury and rehab goes a lot better the quicker you have it done. Good luck with your recovery.

The incision would have been half of this if I had just followed Doc’s orders from the get-go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by newmathewsfan View Post
                          How long did the surgery take? Can you start using the arm right away or am I gonna be all gimped up through archery hunting season?

Comment

Everyone I know that has torn a bicep has had to have surgery to reattach it. Hope that isn’t the case for ya.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Hate to hear this for ya. It can happen to anyone. And glad ya found some help on the feeders and cows. I'll be praying you recovery quickly.

If'n your not allowed to bowhunt this season, there will always be crappie fish-n. I bass fished with my right arm in a cast when it was broken (and a crutch for a broken rt leg), back when I bass fished. But that was when I was a teen.
                              Just some encourage-n words for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X