• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New utv

I been thinking of getting my dad a new utv crewcab 4x4
    I can’t believe the prices...

Who here brought a new utv any regrets or should haves

How long can you finance

I've read here on the GS people are happy with the canam defenders. If I were in the market I would look there. Also the Kawasaki Mule PRO.

Comment

They are sure proud of them but make life so much easier.
      We’ve got 2 Mule Pros and having nothing but good things to say about them

Comment

I’ve been intrigued by the electric UTVs. Benefits for hunting are extremely quite operation, no internal combustion Engine, fuel, oil, filters, etc. Not to mention ethanol gas and storage issues. Cons are high cost, batteries, reduced range, speed and load capacity. Might be ideal for getting quietly to and from stand. Filling feeders would be within an electric UTVs capability’s but heavier work and towing capacity, not so much.

One of the guys on my lease is a very creative craftsman. He bought an ATV body that needed a motor and an axle and drive train from a golf cart off eBay. He built an electric ATV out of the parts and that thing is amazing. Deadly quiet with enough power to haul corn to the stand and critters back.

Comment

Contact Justin over at east texas power sports in Lufkin. While I haven't bought one from him SEVERAL people here have and been more than pleased. If I needed to replace my ranger Id call him first

Comment

Seems like East Texas Powersports, the dealership out of Goldthwaite, and the Durant Oklahoma dealerships are the 3 go to’s for service and price.

I’ve been looking myself including the Can-Am’s but dang they are expensive

Comment

I had done alot of research both online and talking to other owners before I got my can am defender last year. I started out planning on getting the low end base model but ended up getting the loaded HD10. The power sterring and roof is a must, in six months I have used the winch about ten times from moving logs to tilting the riding mower to its side. Only after market parts I had to get was a windshield and mirrors. The storage containers and 12v outlet are very handy.
              Financed for three years, purchased from Vicars Motorsports in McAlister OK. My wife scoffed at first calling it a toy, just last weekend she came around to calling it a wise investment , it gets used on a weekly basis.

Comment

They are stupid expensive!!! I am in the market as well but have pretty much decided that a jeep or a samurai or something of that ilk is the way to go. You get SO MUCH more with one of those for way less money. It is a no brainer as far as I am concerned

Comment

Kubota RTX 1140.not a speed demon but all the power you want or need. Mine pulls my 20’ tandem axle around with whatever we’re moving. Stands feed hay. It’s solid.

Comment

Originally posted by BackwoodzHank View Post
                    I had done alot of research both online and talking to other owners before I got my can am defender last year. I started out planning on getting the low end base model but ended up getting the loaded HD10. The power sterring and roof is a must, in six months I have used the winch about ten times from moving logs to tilting the riding mower to its side. Only after market parts I had to get was a windshield and mirrors. The storage containers and 12v outlet are very handy.
                    Financed for three years, purchased from Vicars Motorsports in McAlister OK. My wife scoffed at first calling it a toy, just last weekend she came around to calling it a wise investment , it gets used on a weekly basis.
                    Which trim of the HD10 did you get?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Which trim of the HD10 did you get?
                      XT

Comment

I am on my 2nd Mule and loved them both. No regrets. Latest one has power steering and that is a big improvement over Armstrong Steering. Whatever you do, get a roof over your head.

Comment

I just purchased a Kawasaki Pro MX. They just came out with the MX this year. I was right around 10K. Well worth it and a game changer for me at the lease.

Comment

I got a new Ranger Crew 570 about 5 years ago and have beat the living crap out of it. Runs great and has had only very minor issues in 5 years. I lifted it and put big THICK tires on it so I can run over mesquite, was not cheap but worth every penny.

Comment

Polaris Ranger Fans here have 4 currently.

Mules are tough. But if you have ever owned a ranger you wont go to a mule they are all ROUGH....

I like the can am defenders but they have so much more electronics on them. Which scares me.. The rangers have enough.

I like the Cab John Deere Gators if money was no option and they made a 6 seater i would own one!!

Comment

Working...
                              X