New laws for renewing a Texas drivers license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New laws for renewing a Texas drivers license

I was just informed by TDOT..that as of May 1st...to renew a TDL you must bring with you a passport, copy of birth certificate...and a SS card....
    It was not on their web site....
    I just wasted 2 hours of my time, before I was told...

Daughter was in line in Houston for 5 hours...
    Yes 5 hours....
    I went to Hempstead and there was 20 people in line there....Liberty has closed down...

The officer told me the fraud that has been taken place is the reason for the changes....

There is secondary affects that are taking place with our border being over run....and this is just a all part of it...
    Be warned before you waste your time

I cannot believe you have to have all 3. That’s nuts,

Comment

That has to be passport or birth certificate. Most people don't have a passport.

Comment

Yes...it's one of those...
        Passport OR BC
        .a valid license for 40 years and a SS card for 52 years no longer will sufice

Comment

Also, you can no longer renew a class B or C online...must be done in person...

Comment

Renew or Replace a Texas Driver License or Identification Card
            Applicants must bring the following:

A completed DL-43 application (this form is also available at the driver license office)
            Your current (or expired within two years) Texas DL or ID card. If you do not have a current Texas DL/ID card, we also accept other documents.
            U.S. Citizenship or lawful presence documents (i.e. birth certificate) may be required
            Applicable fee.

Hempstead DPS office is a joke

Comment

Sorry that happened to you. I must have gotten lucky. I renewed my in the middle of May and didn’t have to have any of that. Just filled the form out at the DPS office and that was sufficient for them. It did take me close to 5 hours to finally see someone and get new license. It’s definitely a long miserable experience.

Comment

Renewed mine several months ago after 5 years of being expired/suspended. After hundreds of dollars, waiting in line for hours, and driving to different places over and over I'm finally driving legal. I feel you brother

Comment

Texas is feeling the full brunt of this onslaught of illegals pouring across this border....

I hope people finally have enough and get out and vote

Comment

I don't believe it's an absolute requirement. I just recently renewed my DL and they did ask for one of those things, I just told them that I didn't have them and I still got my renewal no problem.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Renewed mine online today with no issues.

Comment

It went into effect on May 28th.

Birth certificate OR passport.
                        AND
                        Social security card (or accepted proof, I used a 1099).

Marble Falls office is not my suggested renewal destination.

Came home and did my wife's renewal online. Was not required.

Comment

We will find out in a few months when i do mine

Comment

Is this to get a DL with the star on it?? If so, I'm good!!

Comment

Bad deal that you had to go out of your way, but it's a good thing you got it done now. Starting October 2020 you must have a "real ID" to board an airplane. Checkout the link below to explain the changes. I'll have to get a new one even though I have several years left on my license... Or get a TSA precheck I guess..

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id

Comment

Working...
                              X