• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bet, he's a nice one!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      Main 12 is back. Gosh dangit this dude gives you a heart attack coming through the brush.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I think he may see you. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Evening is winding down with just a baby 8. So I was sitting here and I hear wings hitting tree limbs then the squeal of a rabbit. I've always wondered about calling and how I've never heard that squeal in the wild. Sounded just like the call lol. Likely last post of the day. Going to head back to camp for some vittles and shut eye.

Comment

In the tripod and ready to go. Got a good feeling about this morning. May have everything to do with getting a good nights sleep. When others are out here I average about 5 hours of sleep. 8 last night has me feeling amazing lol. 32 on the truck thermometer, but really still. Ready for the wind to pick up a little out of the north tomorrow.

Chose the creek feeder one more time as I'll be hunting the primary tomorrow with the north wind. Let's see what happens!

Comment

One little measely 6 and that's it. Man I thought I was in for a good hunt after Saturday, but it's starting to look bleak.

Comment

Small 8 and spike just came in. Maybe they'll move late today. I had a pic of a new big 8 a few days ago that showed up at 1030.

Comment

Great thread so far from what I've glanced over while trying to work. You've been seeing some good up and comers and I don't know how you are keeping your sanity with the 12 pt in range. What I didn't see in my cursory glance was what your target deer are. Is this a high fence or large track of low fence? I'm not a fence snob by any means, but trying to see what your challenges are like in getting a target deer in front of you.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisgunguy View Post
                  Great thread so far from what I've glanced over while trying to work. You've been seeing some good up and comers and I don't know how you are keeping your sanity with the 12 pt in range. What I didn't see in my cursory glance was what your target deer are. Is this a high fence or large track of low fence? I'm not a fence snob by any means, but trying to see what your challenges are like in getting a target deer in front of you.
                  Thanks! It's a low fence 2200 acre place (we lease 1700, other for family).

Been a really slow year for me on mature bucks. The 9 is one on the hit list, but seems like he's moved to another area of the ranch. The funky buck is a cull I've been trying to kill for 4 years now. Crazy that little sumbuck has eluded me for so long.

Comment

This guy is a super old buck. Wife almost culled him last year but got busted drawing.

Comment

Nice. Good luck.

Comment

Nice targets.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bailing out to grab the boom stick and rattle.

Comment

First rattle sequence brought this guy out. He was 5 yards from me before spooking. Moving to the next spot

Comment

Switched it up and decided to sit at the primary feeder. West wind is killing me in both set ups. Thought I might could make it work here, and as soon as I hand corned and climbed in the tripod it switched to SW, which is directly towards the feeder lol. Oh well, that's been my season so far this year.

Comment

Quit screwing around and kill a big buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X