Lake McClellan youth hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Son and I are taking my 2 nephews to Lake McClellan Recreation Area for the Youth Buck Hunt this weekend. Has anyone ever been there and/or is anyone else going. Really excited for this hunt except for the drive from San Antonio. Always look forward to seeing new areas to hunt. Don’t know if there is much cell coverage but if so I will make this as live as possible.

My boys drew this hunt. Looks like my oldest is going to have to stay back though to study for finals. The kid has his priorities. Know what you mean about the drive. My youngest has a band concert at 7, so I'll be driving most of the night. See you there!!

Comment

Originally posted by mooney_ag View Post
      My boys drew this hunt. Looks like my oldest is going to have to stay back though to study for finals. The kid has his priorities. Know what you mean about the drive. My youngest has a band concert at 7, so I'll be driving most of the night. See you there!!

I’ll be in a brown F150. Look forward to meeting ya. Don’t know if you talked to them yet but I called and they were extremely helpful with info. Spoke with them for over 30 min. Even though the hunt is technically set to start late Saturday morning they will even let you hunt Friday evening if you could get there. I know you can’t get there that early but they said even if I got there in the middle of the night they would check us in early morning and get us out for the morning hunt Saturday. Told me that have a few 130-150 class deer. See ya there.

Comment

Looking forward to it for sure. These youth hunts get my blood pumping more than hunting on my own anymore. Enjoy the time with the kids and never know what you might see. No expectations and there has been a great group of staff and volunteers at each. We hope to make the sat morning hunt . I'll be in a silver tahoe

Comment

Morning sit saw several doe early and a 6, spike and 7. This is 7.

Son and other nephew had couple shooters but not a shot opportunity plus these 2 as well but hoping others return this evening.

Sat this morning till 12:30 and back in blind about 2 so hoping to connect tonight.

Comment

One nephew connected on an old 7 tonight. Almost had a doe also but it was spooked by the dead buck. His first buck so he is thrilled.

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

Nice buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to your nephew! Area holds some real studs!

Comment

My other cousin tagged out this morning. Had 3 deer on the ground by 7:30.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

It was a great trip. Some of the best staff on one of these hunts. Boys had a blast and made great memories. With 2 bucks and 2 doe we had to make quick work of skinning and quartering to get on the road. 8.5 hours on the road for them. Stopped for a quick group pic on the way out overlooking Lake McClellan.

Comment

Working...
                        X