Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas Opening Weekend Report

post up how your weekend went!

I haven’t seen a deer yet. Does that really count as hunting?? It was slow, I think the acorns are keeping them pretty content and they aren’t coming to corn. Hard to find the right acorn trees when you have oaks scattered over 5,000 acres

Comment

Bummer

Comment

Slow Saturday morning. Had 2 bucks come in that evening. Pigs Sunday morning and 2 big bucks that evening. Target came 10' from my tree decided he didn't like something. Nothing this morning but I'm here again now hoping he decides to come in after this rain.

Comment

Hot

Comment

Gotta buy new spotlights first and then I’ll let ya know.

Comment

There are still no deer in East Texas

Comment

I saw a Deer Saturday am.
                She didn't like something. Blew and left.

Comment

saw one deer sat evening as I was driving my truck park it. saw a pig sun morning before I could see my pin. left before I got a shot. notta sun evening. not event really hitting the hand corn.

Comment

My back feeders have been taken over by hogs. I killed two the previous week (without seeing a deer) so I knew what I really was getting into Sat morning...basically a quick hog hunt. I didn’t matter, I had to be at a wedding sat afternoon in Corsicana and had some land stuff to do for the big wedding on my place on oct 20th before leaving for Corsicana so I figured a quick one hour hunt was all I needed. It worked out well. The hogs came out before I was settled. First time in my life I had to wait a few minutes so I could see the pin! I drilled one. Sunday I attempted to repeat. Nothing showed. So in the last 2 weeks I sat for hogs 5 times and killed 3, but have yet to see a deer. Sunday I scouted my oaks on other side of place and that’s where my deer efforts will be rest of fall.

Comment

Nothing Saturday morning. Saturday evening had two nice bucks come into about 11 yards. But it was already dark. Could not see them very well. I know they were decent bucks after looking at the trail camera pic the next morning. I waited till they left and headed back to the house.

Comment

East Texas Opening Weekend Report

Buddy shot 2 pigs Saturday morning, I shot an older cull buck Saturday evening, and a target buck was at another buddies stand that evening but he was at the cookoff and hunted only the mornings.... wasn’t too bad of a weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not much Saturday am but got a good doe Saturday afternoon when it cleared out.

Comment

Saw several doe. I wanted one...but they never came close to my feeder that is in a field the size of a football field and surrounded by red oaks. They hung out for an hour...ate everything, but were disinterested in the corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                              Slow Saturday morning. Had 2 bucks come in that evening. Pigs Sunday morning and 2 big bucks that evening. Target came 10' from my tree decided he didn't like something. Nothing this morning but I'm here again now hoping he decides to come in after this rain.
                              This evening was fantastic! Beat sit yet. Target buck out of range but saw him for a minute. 6 bucks and 2 doe

Comment

Working...
                              X