Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
    Yes I do.

There is also the belief we live in a, "Snow Globe" type world. Where there in a Firmament, represented by the glass on a Snow Globe. Meaning we cannot actually leave the Earth. The world isn't actually flat in their opinion either. It is sort of shaped like a contact lens. Also, the sun goes over top of us. Then transits back to the East and starts again. Weird stuff.
    Originally posted by Man View Post
    Never mind I googled it and these are pretty compelling reasons.....I'm a believer now. Not sure I want to associate anymore with you roundies.

1. You never have to look down to see the horizon, no matter how hard you rise. If Earth were a real globe you’d have to look down.

2. If Earth really was a sphere hurtling through space, the water would be wobbling all over the place, instead of staying flat.

3. If Earth really was a globe, rivers such as the Mississipi would have to flow uphill to reach the sea – flowing uphill 11 miles in its 3,000-mile length

4. If Earth really was spherical, helicopters would be able to hover in place and wait for their destinations to come to them.

5. The railway from London to Liverpool is 180 miles long. If Earth really was a globe, it should be 5,400 feet high over Birmingham.

6. If Earth really was a globe, airline pilots would constantly have to adjust their controls so as not to fly off into space.

7. If there actually were billions of stars in the night sky the entire sky would be full of light.

8. If Earth was constantly spinning, airplanes would never be able to reach their destinations due to the 500mph headwind.

9. If Earth really is spinning, bullets fired upwards would land hundreds of feet Westwards. They don’t.

10.The horizon always appears perfectly flat – except in NASA and other government pictures.
    Yes those are all compelling reasons if you have no common sense.

Comment

People believe what they want to believe.

Comment

Oh man, my head really hurts now...

And here as a Merchant Marine officer and engineer with a Marine Engineering discipline I've been lied to all these years!!
        1. I was taught the curvature of the earth is 6 feet/mile
        2. The shortest distance between 2 objects on the surface of the earth/sea is a "great circle" NOT a straight line
        3. The movement of the oceanic tides and even land mass movement is due to the rotation of the moon AROUND the earth...

...and so many other dumb science facts...

I need to go find all those idiots that taught me that stuff and whup thar arses! Think I'll take Burnadell with me!

Comment

Laugh all y’all want, I live in Lubbock, THE EARTH IS FLAT!

Here at least

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
            Yes those are all compelling reasons if you have no common sense.
            you bored ? no pigs to kill?

Comment

I heard an excerpt from an article where a hollow earther was asked about flat earther's. He said something to the effect of; those guys are crazy, they have no evidence. I rest my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Laugh all y’all want, I live in Lubbock, THE EARTH IS FLAT!

Here at least
                And it rains mud. Craziest thing I've seen.

Comment

I work at NASA and there is a Guy here that is part of the Flat Earth crowd. He's that guy that would throw a hand full of .22 shells in the campfire just to watch people run. I hate working on projects with him because he always complicates things. I don't think most people like that actually believe it but they just like to stir the pot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    I work at NASA and there is a Guy here that is part of the Flat Earth crowd. He's that guy that would throw a hand full of .22 shells in the campfire just to watch people run. I hate working on projects with him because he always complicates things. I don't think most people like that actually believe it but they just like to stir the pot.
                    Exactly how did that guy get a job at NASA...?
                    Guess a better question is , can you define "job at NASA" ..more specifically - what is HIS job at NASA?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      Elon would kick his @ss to the curb. Hopefully NASA just keeps him in Muslim relations or something.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                        I fully support flat earthers, chem trail believers, and those who oppose child vaccinations. These idiots make it easier for the NDAP (non-dumbass population) to excel and succeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Amen brother!

Comment

Why bash a belief we don't fully understand? Do Flat Earth girls use hula hoops? And are they hot?

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            People also think the earth is 6000 yrs old

The earth is flat, it’s less than 10,000 years old, it’s getting colder, dinosaurs rode around for a year on a giant wooden boat with some bearded dude and human evolution is a secular conspiracy drummed up by Marxist scientists trying to protect their government grants
                            from Obama. [emoji6]

Comment

People that had to walk a mile uphill both ways to and from school in the dark in 20 degree weather barefoot believed the earth to be round.

Comment

We're living a real-life Truman Show.

Comment

Working...
                                X