This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
    I call BS. I bet those girls are issued knee pads.
    Now do you see what we all stand to lose here?

Comment

Yes I have dated a cheerleader in high school. That was a disaster if I call correctly.
      And YES I am hell bent on watching the NFL crumble to the ground!! Me and hundreds of thousands of other Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Yes I have dated a cheerleader in high school. That was a disaster if I call correctly.
        I knew it! I knew it! She ripped your heart out of your chest and stomped it in the dank mud. You have never been the same since. Your crusade against the NFL stems from heartbreak suffered as a young lad. And let me guess...she went on to cheer for the Dallas Cowboys, fell in love with a mid-level player and now they both live together, retired at a young age on their exotic game ranch outside of Waco? It’s okay... you have friends here.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
          I knew it! I knew it! She ripped your heart out of your chest and stomped it in the dank mud. You have never been the same since. Your crusade against the NFL stems from heartbreak suffered as a young lad. And let me guess...she went on to cheer for the Dallas Cowboys, fell in love with a mid-level player and now they both live together, retired at a young age on their exotic game ranch outside of Waco? It’s okay... you have friends here.
          Your attempts to dissuade me from bringing the NFL down will not work. I'm as passionate about this as you are with turkey restoration.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
            Ratings question: Lets say I click on the Raiders v chiefs, or whomever and they are all kneeling for the anthem. I say screw this and flip to NASCAR. Did I just contribute to the ratings for that game?
            I think they take measure at different points during the game, so depending on when you clicked over you may or may not have given ratings to the devil

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
              Your attempts to dissuade me from bringing the NFL down will not work. I'm as passionate about this as you are with turkey restoration.
              I respect that. And I hope you know I am just having fun. But with that being said I’ll back off now out of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                I respect that. And I hope you know I am just having fun. But with that being said I’ll back off now out of respect.
                Of course I know. I think we talked in the past about having a beer in the heights or something. I grew up off of Shepard and my parents still reside there. Still spend alot of time in my old stomping grounds. Anyways...yeah no worries we are same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                  Ratings question: Lets say I click on the Raiders v chiefs, or whomever and they are all kneeling for the anthem. I say screw this and flip to NASCAR. Did I just contribute to the ratings for that game?
                  In any valid study, no.
                  A valid study would require your TIP (time in program) to be a certain amount if time in any given time period

So say you flipped back and forth between NASCAR and that NFL game every 30 seconds they would total the time spent in each program over a one hour period of time and give credit to the program that way.
                  Then they have tiebreaker rules and such.

But one 30 second blip in a one hour span would not give NFL credit

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                    I always wondered how they did tv ratings on public TC like NBC, fox, cbs. I mean if I'm watching something how do they know I am and not just surfing ?
                    Those big towers saturate the air with the radio waves. When your antenna or receiver picks up and channels that particular air wave, it lessens the saturation and a "draw" is made on the antenna. They have to crank up the power for every person/receiver that tunes in. They have to maintain so much power to keep their license obligations. By the amount of "gain" they have to dial in it calculates to X number of people.

Comment

NFL Ratings from Sunday

So hilarious reading posts from people acting like the NFL is doing fine. They arent going away but right this second they are worse off than have ever seen before or can effectively manage. Currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                        So hilarious reading posts from people acting like the NFL is doing fine. They arent going away but right this second they are worse off than have ever seen before or can effectively manage. Currently.

And the only thing that beats them is the world series.

Comment

"but right this second they are worse off than have ever seen before or can effectively manage. Currently."

Hahahahahhahahha

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                            "but right this second they are worse off than have ever seen before or can effectively manage. Currently."

Hahahahahhahahha

[emoji23][emoji23] I could write a Sociology dissertation. Amazing the butt hurt.

Comment

I don’t believe the loss in viewers is due to streaming video- I have not seen any analysis showing comparable decreases elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
                                I don’t believe the loss in viewers is due to streaming video- I have not seen any analysis showing comparable decreases elsewhere.

No freaken way it is....but if you were the NFL or affiliated with them that sure as hell would be what I would be saying and would want people to believe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X