No announcement yet.

2016 Pushmataha County Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. His buddies will follow. He's just making sure your feeder is properly calibrated!

Comment

Okay so about 3 weeks ago a couple of the guys went up and broadcast the Justin Seed Co spring mix of beans and okra. Here are a few of the pics along with some of the fall mix plots we did last year.

a2f0c4bdc6e30b9691a061f41b854339.jpg[/IMG]

All of these were done with nothing but hand tools that we could carry in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

These look good, especially being 100% manual. Nice work. The deer will love this.

Comment

Morning in the Kiamichi's. God is good.

Comment

Good plot from winter looks good.
            The feeder repair bear came by to make an adjustment.

Time to convert this one to a hanging feeder.

Comment

Got my 11 year old's feeder backup in a new place. We will see how the Bears like the hanging version!

Comment

Ending the day catching trophy perch.

Comment

I know there are no antlers to judge but just by body size, age this one.

Comment

Kiddos got a little work in with the rifle this weekend.

Comment

Comment

Made it up to the old deer camp in Three Rivers WMA this weekend. Most of the woods around had been thinned out by loggers. Most of the underbrush had been taken out along with lots of smaller trees and shrubbery. I'm worried that the loss of cover with push some of the deer out. Anyone else have experience with this?

Comment

Originally posted by Texahoman View Post
                          Made it up to the old deer camp in Three Rivers WMA this weekend. Most of the woods around had been thinned out by loggers. Most of the underbrush had been taken out along with lots of smaller trees and shrubbery. I'm worried that the loss of cover with push some of the deer out. Anyone else have experience with this?

Texahoman, I've seen that initially the deer will vacate but it won't be long before you will have a deer paradise with all the browse that will come back. On our thinned timber and clearcut we see activity back to normal and in some cases, a bit better. That said, results may vary a bit. Give it a growing season. I'll be you will be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                            Texahoman, I've seen that initially the deer will vacate but it won't be long before you will have a deer paradise with all the browse that will come back. On our thinned timber and clearcut we see activity back to normal and in some cases, a bit better. That said, results may vary a bit. Give it a growing season. I'll be you will be surprised.
                            I'll just pray that the muscadine vines and blackberries come back thicker than they were before with all the rain and sunshine!

Comment

Originally posted by Texahoman View Post
                              I'll just pray that the muscadine vines and blackberries come back thicker than they were before with all the rain and sunshine!

Do you know if the Timber Company is going to rip and replant?

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                                Do you know if the Timber Company is going to rip and replant?
                                Rayoneir and Warehouser clear cut and replant all over that area. So eventually they will.

Comment

Working...
                                X