Lake Lewisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Lewisville

If you want to hunt Lake Lewisville this year, you better go get your permit soon. They started issuing permits today, and gave out over 200. You have to have your new license and hunters ed card (if applicable) with you.

If I am going to have to fight the masses for a hunting spot, I'd rather it be with you guys.

They sure started early this year. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

I haven't hunted Lewisville before. Where do you go to get the permit?

Comment

Corps office off of Mill street

Comment

I'll be there when it opens in the morning though, admittedly, I only duck hunt there.

Saw a ton of pigs along the greenbelt last year while paddling. If anyone has a canoe, it's an easy way to put some pork in the freezer.
          Last edited by Slow&Steady; 08-17-2015, 06:29 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

With the water level this year, you can probably get a decent sized aluminum boat up there.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I want to get in on some of the hunts with you guys. I will be trying to get my permit soon.

Comment

thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Got mine

This will be my first year out there. I'm hoping to take my nephew to get him started.

Comment

I hope they have a few left by Wednesday!

Comment

I got permit #247 at 8:10 this morning. There were 6 guys there when I got there. They are giving out 600 permits, and yesterday was the first day they handed them out. If you want one, I'd make it a point to get there today.

Comment

I stopped by yesterday around lunch time and the lobby was full, I got #130 if that tells you how fast they are going!

Comment

Picked up permit #388 this morning at 8:30.

Comment

I'm not asking for anyone's spots or anything. I hunt out at LBJ and wouldn't give anything away either. I'm just curious if it is worth hunting out at lewisville. I'd like someplace closer to hunt than LBJ during the week when I can't make it out to my lease.

Comment

Lewisville for bow hunting is hogs only if you're looking for a close spot to bow hunt. Grapevine, Lewisville and Lavon are all worth the effort. It just takes a lot of effort at times. Cooper Lake is another place that many don't think about. $48 APH and well worth the drive from Denton.

Comment

Working...
                              X