White Oak Creek WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Oak Creek WMA

Anybody hunted here have any tips or advice on what to expect for this hunt? Thanks in advance

Expect to see lots, and lots, and lots of hogs. Maybe a deer or two.

Comment

Its not that good I've heard, for deer at least.

Comment

Shot my very first deer there. Also shot a big hog on another trip. My dad and I were drawn for that place 5 years in a row. We only ever saw two deer between the two of us, but I killed one of em!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

got drawn for WOC for the 11/7 - 11/9 hunt. success rates from past years look pretty dismal but who knows. Curious to see what others have to say about the place. Is it worth taking off work and spending the money??

Comment

If I had access to a map of the WMA I could recommend one of the units. My son killed a nice buck there during a youth hunt some years buck. I have hunted there 4 different times and killed deer on 3 of the hunts and my son killed the one on the youth hunt. It has been some number of years ago so things might have really changed, but I thought the hunting was typical East Texas, hard but not impossible.

Comment

I have been drawn for 11/3 thru 11/5. I would like info on the camping facilities etc.....

Comment

Originally posted by Montec man View Post
                Expect to see lots, and lots, and lots of hogs. Maybe a deer or two.
                pretty much sums it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Physhstyx View Post
                  I have been drawn for 11/3 thru 11/5. I would like info on the camping facilities etc.....
                  not real sure on the facilities they have, you can probably call them and see what they say. The guy that runs that WMA seems to be a nice guy from the encounters I have had. Dangerfield State Park is about 20ish minutes away from the WMA and would be a good option too.

Comment

Atlanta State Park is about 25-30 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Physhstyx View Post
                      Primitive campsite is what is advertised. No toilets or electricity but you can camp in a tent or bring a camper, just no place to hook the camper up.

Comment

Get as far away from the river that you can... or any of the buck brush holes due to duck hunters being around every weekend. If I got to choose, I would go up by Mossy lake area to hunt... That is about one of the few non-pressured areas from duck hunters on the hwy 67 area... I have not been up towards I-30 so no info there.

Comment

I found a big illegal grow operation in that place about 4 years ago. lot of spent shell casings around it. take a sidearm!!!!!

Comment

curious if you guys had any luck?

Comment

Out of the 15 or so hunters, only 3 bucks brought in. Very wet, very thick, very muddy, lots of signs of deer and hogs, but very few seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X