X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

Daily Bible Portion – 1 of 7
    "SAY"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 21:1-24:23, Ezekiel 44:15-31, Galatians 3:26-29)

In the last study we looked at Spirit Life inside the tabernacle. We learned about how to live in Yeshua's Spirit Life, the Living Torah, through the walk of redemption in Him. We studied the difference between clean and unclean, holy and unholy practices and what defiles the tabernacle. We learned that contamination in our tabernacles on a physical or spiritual level comes from not keeping Yahweh's order or putting into practice what He instructs. This can cause curses, illnesses or even death in our lives.

This portion focuses on the qualifications and rules for the priesthood noting the difference between the priests who minister before Yahweh in the tabernacle versus the Levites who continue to serve man in the outer court and who are not allowed to approach Yahweh in the tabernacle (Ezekiel 44).

In the last study "Holy Ones" , we saw that there is a prescribed order of serving in the tabernacle. The tribe of Levi was given the responsibility to care for the entire area of the tabernacle. No other tribe of Israel was given this responsibility. The Levite tribes of Gershon and Merari, who were not priests, tended the outer court surrounding the tabernacle itself. Serving inside the tabernacle in the Holy Place and Most Holy Place was reserved for the Levitical tribe of Kohath , who were the acting priests. The Levitical High Priest (the first born male of the Kohath ) was the only priest who could stand before Yahweh in the Most Holy Place. Also, there was no transferring of duties between the two Levite families of Gershon and Merari (working in the outer court) and the Kohaths who served in the tabernacle.

This Levitical pattern of ministering before Yahweh is the pattern for believers in Jesus today. Through Yeshua's death and resurrection the way was made possible for all to approach a holy God; but the way in is still the same - through holiness. Jesus/Yeshua "is the same yesterday, today, and forever" (Hebrews 13:8), thus the ministry of the tabernacle is the same, as Yeshua is the living temple and acting High Priest today (John 2:19; Hebrews 8:1). We purposely repeat this as many have been taught that once we have salvation, we are also fully sanctified. No. Once we have salvation, we have walked through the door. Once inside the door, we must now be taught the proper protocol of how to approach a Holy God righteously through a redeemed lifestyle.

It is true that all of Jacob's inheritance is ours but there is a condition attached within Scripture. That prerequisite is "if we choose to obey His word." Yeshua's death and resurrection has redeemed all of our inheritance that we lost through our disobedience that is sin or lawlessness. (1 John 3:4 sin=lawlessness) Now we must apply in our lives that which He has redeemed on our behalf. All has been given to us but it is the doer of the word who inherits His Kingdom – eternal life.

Deuteronomy 30:17-20 "But if [believer] your heart turns away so that you do not hear [obey], and are drawn away, and worship other gods and serve them, I announce to you today that you shall surely perish; you shall not prolong your days in the land which you cross over the Jordan to go in and possess. I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the LORD/ Yahweh your God/ Elohim , that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the LORD/Yahweh swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them."

Yeshua redeemed the Sabbath for us. The question we have to ask ourselves, "Are we keeping His Sabbath?" Yeshua redeemed and restored His Feast Days back to us, "Are we keeping His Feast Days?" Yeshua redeemed His Lifestyle. "Are we appropriating His life-style into our new life?" If we are made in His image but not walking in it, who's image are we portraying? Our goal as believers in Yeshua is to walk in His image. Yeshua is acting as our High Priest. Would He recognize Himself in us? Yeshua is not looking for perfection but one who has the desire to pursue His right ways (righteousness) through obeying His instructions. The Bride follows in the steps of her Bridegroom. She is the one who desires to leave her old image behind and take on His identity and be called by His Name.

We are now living in the season of the restoration of David's fallen tent (also called the House of David). Do we understand what this is? If we look at His -story we see that Yeshua, as The King, is restoring His Kingdom principles and His Kingdom people. He is looking for a people who are made in His image - as a priest. If we do not understand who we are, how can we walk as a priest? King David was a king and a priest in Yahweh's Kingdom. It is this order that is being restored, the order of Melchizedek. David worshiped The King by keeping The King's Sabbath and The King's Feast Days. They were King David's delight - so much so that he wrote over a thousand songs for the next generations to join him in worship and in glorify King Yeshua.

The matter facing believers (the Bride) today is: will believers serve man in the outer court where there are temptations, religiosity and compromise in lifestyle or will believers seek Yeshua in holiness and sanctification in His Holy of Holies to be His Bride? Will believers risk being the Bride because they have not pursued holiness? Why be a guest at the wedding when believers have been given the opportunity to be His Bride? Everything has been appropriated for believers to enter in. The choice of redemption is before each of us. The real question is: "will we forsake all other gods?"

1 Corinthians 9:23-27 "Now this I [Paul] do for the gospel's sake, that I may be partaker of it with you. Do you [believer] not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified."

Hebrews 12:1 "Therefore we [believers] also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us , and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us."

Revelation 3:20 [Written to believers] "Behold, I [Yeshua/Jesus] stand at the door and knock."

If the understanding of this and the other principles of His Kingdom lifestyle are found missing in our life we then run the risk of being a Bride without oil in her lamp. We will still go to Heaven (outer court), but it is the Kingdom we are destined for (inner court). The good news is that the Holy Spirit is pouring out His revelation in these end times and drawing His people near so they can hear and understand in order to return (repent). Our job is to appropriate the Word/Yeshua/Jesus and allow Him to rule and reign in our life, as eternal life with Him is in the Most Holy Place and not in the outer court.

Isaiah 52:11-12 "Depart! Depart! Go out from there, touch no unclean thing ; go out from the midst of her, be clean, you who bear the vessels of Yahweh. For you shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight; for Yahweh will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard."

Revelation 2:7 "To him [the believer] who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God."

Exodus 19:5-6 "Now therefore, if you [believers] will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel."

1 Peter 2:9-10 "But you [believers] are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people [treasure], that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out [holy/set apart] of darkness [sin/lawlessness] into His marvelous light [law/instruction]; who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy."

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X