Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cape Buffalo with a longbow. Let the adventure begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon, you got it there. Very blessed to have a wonderful wife that lets me chase after my crazy dreams. I’m sure I’ll have to find a hunt for her this fall to repay here though! [emoji16]

Made it and on the road. Baggage arrived safely (took longer than I’d have liked it to coming off the carousel). We have a 1 1/2 drive to meet lammie, then on the road another hour or so to the first camp.
    Flight last night was nice in that I had a seat with tons of legroom (got a bulkhead seat) but still didn’t sleep too much. Glad to be on the ground and see something besides the inside of a dang plane! Those things make it feel like time is standing still!

Plans today to grab lunch before getting to camp, hang out and shoot for a bit then hunt this evening. Will keep y’all posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pumped up and ready for the updates Shiloh! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Good Luck! Shoot straight, and don't get trampled

Comment

Best to you Shilo, waiting on the kill report.

Comment

Good luck sir!

Comment

Service is horrible at this location so no live updates unfortunately. Made it to camp around 12:30 or so yesterday. Shot the bow a bit, changed clothes and went for a drive in the truck to see the place. Got into blind around 3:00 and had buffalo come in not long after. Had a target bull well in range but was never able to get a good shot on him. They spooked a couple times and finally left out on the third trip.
                Back at it this morning and hopefully they play well today.

Comment

Comment

Man good luck... And stay safe lots of scary stuff going on over there lately

Comment

Good luck man. I have the upmost faith that you'll be successful!

Cameron

Comment

Good Luck and be safe!

Comment

Awesome! Good luck MedMan.

Comment

Several close calls today but never any shots fired. Buffalo came, went, came again on and off all afternoon. Every time a shooter bull would come into range, either it would not have a good angle (nearly always quartering to us) or when it did get broadside, other buffalo would be in front of them. Once, a bull was at 14 yards facing us for over 30 minutes, then turned straight around, walked 50 or so yards and bedded down in the shade..... [emoji849]
                            Tomorrow is a new day and after seeing them a few times and watching how they are, we are hopeful tomorrow it will happen. Definitely ready and getting itchy to let an arrow fly.

Comment

Sweet! This will be epic!

Comment

Good luck. Looks like a great time so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X