• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which whelping collars?

Puppies inbound first week of February. Which whelping collars do y’all use

Up for the evening crowd.

Comment

Excuse my ignorance.What is a welping collar,?

Comment

I used them back in the early 90's, have two talented kids to show for it, wife wasn't impressed.

Comment

Never used one, but you can get them at the big box pet stores.

Comment

I've used the velcro ones but be careful with them. If the collar is too loose puppies can get a leg hung.

Comment

eBay has sets with color coded “puppy” charts to go with which made puppy progress awesome imo. Velcro is the best, easy to grow in to and easy to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Excuse my ignorance.What is a welping collar,?
                This ^^^^^^

Comment

Do yourself a favor and don't use the Velcro as they are a pain in the butt to place or adjust on a squirming pup, just like trying to tie on ribbons. Rising Moon Ranch makes an adjustable 'cord' collar for newborns and a web collar for when they grow bigger but still with you. They come in matching colors for cord and web collars so you can just swap to the larger web collar and keep same color for easy id of each pup. Sure makes life easier to id pups when weighing, worming, etc. especially if all pups are same color like my situation with Boykin Spaniels. Don't get the 'break free' clasp as the pup will pull collar off when rough housing (lesson learned). Have used them for several litters and highly recommend. just remember to remove the collar when buyer picks up pup as I have forgotten to do at time. I have had to order replacement web collars when I forgot to do so. Tara at Rising Moon has always been a pleasure to deal with.

Comment

Just because I did a search for Rising Moon Ranch and came up with a dozen non related sites:

Rising Moon Ranch: http://www.breakfreecollars.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                      Just because I did a search for Rising Moon Ranch and came up with a dozen non related sites:

Rising Moon Ranch: http://www.breakfreecollars.com/
                      Ha!

Awesome resource. Thanks a million to all.

Comment

Expawlorer Puppy ID Collars

Here's what I use on my beagle pups. $21.77/dozen with free shipping.

EXPAWLORER 12 Pcs/Set Puppy ID Collars, Adjustable & Environment-Friendly Silicone Pet Whelping Identification Collars with Record Keeping Charts

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 12 Pcs Puppy Whelping Collars Newborn ID Furbabies Bands Litter Dog Kitten Set at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                          Here's what I use on my beagle pups. $21.77/dozen with free shipping.

EXPAWLORER 12 Pcs/Set Puppy ID Collars, Adjustable & Environment-Friendly Silicone Pet Whelping Identification Collars with Record Keeping Charts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXPAWLORER-...CDtA:rk:2:pf:0
                          I dig it! Just ordered them

Comment

Working...
                          X