Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiberglass now stand

Originally posted by sportsman View Post
    I'm not sure what the tank was used for originally. My buddy bought 2 of them from a member here. The small windows were already cut along with the door. I needed bigger Windows for bow hunting. My most difficult task will be securing it to the trailer/sub floor. I'm still debating how I'm going to do that.

Angle brackets. Drill holes in each leg. Screw to floor and bolt to blind . I'd use I nut bar on the outside of blind. I'd put 8 brackets. But I tend to over engineer. I can sketch if you want. Aluminum would be plenty good. When pulling, just run a couple straps across the top.
    Last edited by Graysonhogs; 03-22-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chootem View Post
      Try a cutoff wheel on an angle grinder

This

Comment

Wish i wouldve seen this sooner i couldve given you some advice on the cutting. I tried everything on mine and finally ended up using a tile blade on a 4-1/2" grinder, cut through that thing like butter!!!! It took me like two or three days to cut the door (doing it after work so probably 8 hours with a saw) i cut the windows with the tile blade and it took like an hour for all four windows!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by luckey7 View Post
          Wish i wouldve seen this sooner i couldve given you some advice on the cutting. I tried everything on mine and finally ended up using a tile blade on a 4-1/2" grinder, cut through that thing like butter!!!! It took me like two or three days to cut the door (doing it after work so probably 8 hours with a saw) i cut the windows with the tile blade and it took like an hour for all four windows!!

Great job

Comment

Nice blind. I wound up using the a carbide blade on the skill saw and it cut like butter too Did you put windows in yours, like deerview?

Comment

No, theres nothing covering the opening when the windows open. Where we hunt, Menard, theres not really any "flying" bugs like mosquitoes but there IS frickin black widow spides!! UGH! I mustve killed a dozen of them nasty bastages last year. I will say this as far as the widows go, when they're open and your inside the deer seem to know somethings up b/c they'll stay on the back side of the feeder. I don't understand that b/c you can look when the widows are open and you can't see anything or anyone inside!! Give me some advice on that please!!

Comment

Thanks Grayson!!

Comment

I will say this as far as the widows go, when they're open and your inside the deer seem to know somethings up b/c they'll stay on the back side of the feeder. I don't understand that b/c you can look when the widows are open and you can't see anything or anyone inside!! Give me some advice on that please!!
                  My only opinion would be that they can see a difference of when they're open and shut. Over the years using deerview windows, I have only encountered a few deer that seem to notice when my windows are open. But they do not stay further away.

Maybe you stink

Comment

LMAO!!! May be!!!!! Ive actually thought that before but they've never winded me or they've never blew at me anyway. I thought about getting an Ozonics but those darn things are high dolla!! Thanks for the opinion btw! LOL!!

Comment

Great job

Comment

This is where I'm at today. Stand is mounted to the trailer. I framed the windows and installed them. I've still got a lot of work, but it only piddly stuff now.

Comment

I have a fiberglass stand too, wall carpet on the walls really helps to keep the noise down and also helps to insulate it on those cold Texas mornings. Of course I used regular carpet on the floor.

Comment

Wow...that thing is really cool! Ok, maybe not literally. I think it could be a hot son of a gun in there in October.

But that's a very nice build and it should last a freaking long time thats for sure. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsman View Post
                              This is where I'm at today. Stand is mounted to the trailer. I framed the windows and installed them. I've still got a lot of work, but it only piddly stuff now.

How'd you wind up attaching the blind to the trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                                How'd you wind up attaching the blind to the trailer?

I'll post pics when I get home. We're headed to 7 on 7 football for my son. I used six 7" heavy duty L brackets

Comment

Working...
                                X