Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2019, 07:10 AM   #1
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default Assange arrested

What do you guys make of this? At the very least I think the timing is interesting.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #2
Foxtrot
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Holland America
Hunt In: Looking!
Default

Timing is very interesting. Smoke and mirrors?
Foxtrot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #3
Ætheling
Pope & Young
 
Ætheling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Arrested? Should be honored with a medal.
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 08:22 AM   #4
diamond10x
Ten Point
 
diamond10x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Helotes
Hunt In: Kinney and Bexar counties
Default

Very interesting. The left is having a heart attack with Barr saying there was spying and Assange being one of the first and with actual evidence of the Democratic party and obummer admin spying and lying.
diamond10x is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 08:43 AM   #5
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

I suspect some more stuff like this. Once Barry Husseins guys start getting cuffed they will need a distraction for the mouth breathing winder lickers .
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 09:04 AM   #6
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Computer hacking charge here in the states is the accusation. I sure hope it’s a maneuvere to get him stateside and testifying or providing all the dirt he has!
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 09:31 AM   #7
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Computer hacking charge here in the states is the accusation. I sure hope it’s a maneuvere to get him stateside and testifying or providing all the dirt he has!
This is what I am wondering...get him over here, cut him a deal, and get him to spill the beans and cooperate. I am very curious as to what he knows or has evidence of
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #8
Hollywood
Ten Point
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oak Hill
Hunt In: Lavaca, Live Oak, Duval
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
This is what I am wondering...get him over here, cut him a deal, and get him to spill the beans and cooperate. I am very curious as to what he knows or has evidence of
This is what I am hoping. Cut a deal with him & have other charges dropped after he enlightens us on some other facts he has on the Obama admin.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 09:49 AM   #9
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: Exactly Where I Wanted Too!
Default

So do we love him or hate him?


What about Manning?
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 10:13 AM   #10
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Assange will never live long enough to testify. BUT----I hope he does.
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 10:28 AM   #11
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

He looked like a crazed, homeless man in the video I saw.
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #12
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
He looked like a crazed, homeless man in the video I saw.
They probably already injected him with the time release poison and he knows it.
Imagine if you will just how many people and countries want to see him immediately silenced forever.
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 AM   #13
SmTx
Pope & Young
 
SmTx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Marcos/Hempstead
Hunt In: Jim Wells
Default

Shouldn't have ****** off the Ecuadorian President.

Patriot nonetheless
SmTx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 10:45 AM   #14
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO View Post
He looked like a crazed, homeless man in the video I saw.
Solitary confinement will do that to a man.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 11:36 AM   #15
RedRaider323
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Robert Lee
Default

Julian will be coming to America soon enough! Stuff is about to get REAL!
RedRaider323 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 11:41 AM   #16
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

As much as he loves to talk, wouldnt it be fun too get him under oath for a week or so?
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 11:54 AM   #17
JLivi1224
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
As much as he loves to talk, wouldnt it be fun too get him under oath for a week or so?
Man can you imagine!! I sure hope he makes it there !
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #18
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Assange has been on U.S. prosecutors’ radar since 2010, when WikiLeaks’ publication of 250,000 diplomatic cables and hundreds of thousands of military documents from the Iraq War prompted denunciations by then-Secretary of State Clinton and senior Pentagon officials.

The Army private who had passed the material to WikiLeaks, Manning, was tried, convicted and served seven years of a 35-year prison term before having her sentence commuted by President Barack Obama as he left office. She was jailed again last month for refusing to testify before a grand jury investigating Assange.

In the last administration, Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. decided against pursuing prosecution of Assange out of concern that WikiLeaks’ argument that it is a journalistic organization would raise thorny First Amendment issues and set an unwelcome precedent.

The Trump administration, however, revisited the question of prosecuting members of WikiLeaks, and last November a court filing error revealed that Assange had been charged under seal.


This is from MSN.

I get what he is being charged with, conspiracy to commit computer intrusion But how are they going to prove Assange, hacked anything? Wasnt it Manning? What about the statute of limitations? Doesnt the press publish stuff like this all of the time?
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 02:19 PM   #19
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

What's the dead pool got him at?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 05:39 PM   #20
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
What's the dead pool got him at?
Assange No-show 100:1 in the 11th race at Santa Anita

Cause of death:Arkancide 1:1
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 06:09 PM   #21
CEO
Ten Point
 
CEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
They probably already injected him with the time release poison and he knows it.
Imagine if you will just how many people and countries want to see him immediately silenced forever.
Somebody ordered the Code Red...
CEO is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 06:53 PM   #22
sir shovelhands
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
Patriot nonetheless
I didn't realize he exposed a bunch of wrongdoing in Australia???
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 07:17 PM   #23
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young
 
Johnny Dangerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now
Default

I am still amazed Ecuador lifted their diplomatic security to allow for his arrest. The EU invaded a sovereign nation's property and arrested him.
Do not know if this has ever happened before.
Why not simply kick him to the street at noon on Wednesday?????
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 07:44 PM   #24
100%TtId
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
I am still amazed Ecuador lifted their diplomatic security to allow for his arrest. The EU invaded a sovereign nation's property and arrested him.
Do not know if this has ever happened before.
Why not simply kick him to the street at noon on Wednesday?????
I'm amazed that he has some personal connection to Pamela Anderson. What's next? Dennis Rodman having some personal connection to a third-world dictator???
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 08:17 PM   #25
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

What I am amazed at and sickened by is how so many people on the right now defend this guy. Manning was not a whistleblower. He/now she did not expose some horrific and specific government wrongdoing to the press. He transferred tens of thousands of pages of classified information to Assange who dumped all of it on the internet, compromising an untold number of allies, inside contacts, intelligence assets and military strategies. Everybody on the right agreed back then - there were many calls for the death penalty - until Wikileaks exposed damaging stuff about Hillary and the DNC. Now these guys are heroes? It is shocking and sad how shallow many people’s principals are. The libertarian in me is wary of the intelligence community and their occasional overreach - they know too much and go too far at times. However what Manning did is nothing short of treason and Assange needs to pay as well. I’m sure good people are dead due to what they did.

Last edited by jerp; 04-11-2019 at 08:57 PM.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 09:41 PM   #26
LFD2037
Pope & Young
 
LFD2037's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Hunt In: Over yonder
Default

And just like that.........................everybody forgot about Jussie Smollett.
Round & round we go!
LFD2037 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 09:42 PM   #27
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Yup.. and Snowden is rethinking affiliations right now.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2019, 11:28 PM   #28
Smell the Glove
Ten Point
 
Smell the Glove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
What I am amazed at and sickened by is how so many people on the right now defend this guy. Manning was not a whistleblower. He/now she did not expose some horrific and specific government wrongdoing to the press. He transferred tens of thousands of pages of classified information to Assange who dumped all of it on the internet, compromising an untold number of allies, inside contacts, intelligence assets and military strategies. Everybody on the right agreed back then - there were many calls for the death penalty - until Wikileaks exposed damaging stuff about Hillary and the DNC. Now these guys are heroes? It is shocking and sad how shallow many people’s principals are. The libertarian in me is wary of the intelligence community and their occasional overreach - they know too much and go too far at times. However what Manning did is nothing short of treason and Assange needs to pay as well. I’m sure good people are dead due to what they did.
Amazed and sickened, but not surprised I hope. Politics.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 06:38 AM   #29
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Julian Assange is under a lot of pressure and will most likely commit suicide by shooting himself 4 times in the back with a bolt action deer rifle.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 07:15 AM   #30
tward1604
Eight Point
 
tward1604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Hunt In: wherever I can
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
What I am amazed at and sickened by is how so many people on the right now defend this guy. Manning was not a whistleblower. He/now she did not expose some horrific and specific government wrongdoing to the press. He transferred tens of thousands of pages of classified information to Assange who dumped all of it on the internet, compromising an untold number of allies, inside contacts, intelligence assets and military strategies. Everybody on the right agreed back then - there were many calls for the death penalty - until Wikileaks exposed damaging stuff about Hillary and the DNC. Now these guys are heroes? It is shocking and sad how shallow many people’s principals are. The libertarian in me is wary of the intelligence community and their occasional overreach - they know too much and go too far at times. However what Manning did is nothing short of treason and Assange needs to pay as well. I’m sure good people are dead due to what they did.
The day the Manning leaks happened I was on a CH53 headed to Safar Bazaar. Just after 0430 we got turn around. Went in the COC and watched every target we wanted get in their vehicles and convoy to Pakistan. We went and took Safar Bazaar later. They had time to plan and prepare their defenses. People died. More freakin IED's than you can shake a stick at. As far as I'm concerned Manning stealing those documents and Asange sharing them directly lead to Marines being killed.

So yes you are right good men are dead because of these two.
tward1604 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #31
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Julian Assange is under a lot of pressure and will most likely commit suicide by shooting himself 4 times in the back with a bolt action deer rifle.
And then suffocating himself in a garage with running car with a hose from exhaust pipe to drivers side window before driving the car off a cliff into a lake full of flesh eating ecoli and cancer causing pathogens.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 08:07 AM   #32
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

No one wants him dead more than Russia and the DNC. Either of those two are fully capable of getting the job done if he isn't kept in solitaire and under guard 24/7 and even then they may try. DNC fears him the most for what he can dump on them and send so many to prison. GOP defends him until he spills his guts on DNC then they will let nature take it's course. Russia always kills all it's spies that jump ship. In any case his days are numbered.
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #33
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
However what Manning did is nothing short of treason
Glad, it is rotting away in a cell somewhere and is paying dearly for the crimes that were committed, and lives that were lost
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 08:36 AM   #34
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

Another afterthought on the matter is this. Had Assange not dumped then Hillary could well be our president right now. Also had she been president then how many more lives would she have sacrificed for her own greed. I know Assange did something that may have caused American's blood to be shed and other assets compromised but without him it would have been much much worse and for that we can be thankful.
As for the he/she Manning -----------let it rot in prison.
muzzlebrake is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 10:05 AM   #35
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Assange has always said that he has a system in place that will release everything else he has, and that info dump will be triggered if he is extradited. I guess we are fixin' to find out if that is true. There were probably lots of people from many countries and many political persuasions laying awake staring at the ceiling last night as they pondered that possibility.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #36
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
Assange has always said that he has a system in place that will release everything else he has, and that info dump will be triggered if he is extradited. I guess we are fixin' to find out if that is true. There were probably lots of people from many countries and many political persuasions laying awake staring at the ceiling last night as they pondered that possibility.
I don't think he does... when the ONLY thing you have literally giving you a hope of staying alive...no matter how little that chance may be.. is information... you don't just dump it...
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #37
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
I don't think he does... when the ONLY thing you have literally giving you a hope of staying alive...no matter how little that chance may be.. is information... you don't just dump it...
You may be right about that - it's the only card he still holds. The fever swamps of conspiracy-world are really boiling since the arrest. Some are convinced we will soon see hard evidence of everything from Russian collusion to proof the DNC murdered Seth Rich.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #38
Ætheling
Pope & Young
 
Ætheling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
What I am amazed at and sickened by is how so many people on the right now defend this guy. Manning was not a whistleblower. He/now she did not expose some horrific and specific government wrongdoing to the press. He transferred tens of thousands of pages of classified information to Assange who dumped all of it on the internet, compromising an untold number of allies, inside contacts, intelligence assets and military strategies. Everybody on the right agreed back then - there were many calls for the death penalty - until Wikileaks exposed damaging stuff about Hillary and the DNC. Now these guys are heroes? It is shocking and sad how shallow many people’s principals are. The libertarian in me is wary of the intelligence community and their occasional overreach - they know too much and go too far at times. However what Manning did is nothing short of treason and Assange needs to pay as well. I’m sure good people are dead due to what they did.
I reconcile it this way.

1. Manning is a traitor be definition

2. Assange is a journalist

3. Freedom of Speech

4. I believe nothing our government has to say on the matter to include what they claim re that data breach in terms of its toll on our troops. They are proven liars.

5. I am not on the right.

Last edited by Ætheling; 04-12-2019 at 01:52 PM.
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-12-2019, 03:21 PM   #39
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

I would disagree about Assange being a journalist. First of all Manning could not have done his hacking without Assange's help. He is a hacker of classified information. When an actual journalist somehow obtains classified information he decides whether the benefits of publication outweighs the potential harm. Not him - he just squatted and shat out the entire thing without even redacting info that could have protected people on the ground. (including neutral human rights organizations) It is obvious his objective is not based on some ethical "people's right to know" - his objective is to damage the United States. What could possibly be the journalistic reason to disclose our "Warlock" system designed to electronically interfere with IEDs? If you don't believe the government's statements about the lives he has cost, go back up and read post #30 of this thread. There are countless stories like his from people that were there.
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #40
Ætheling
Pope & Young
 
Ætheling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
I would disagree about Assange being a journalist. First of all Manning could not have done his hacking without Assange's help. He is a hacker of classified information. When an actual journalist somehow obtains classified information he decides whether the benefits of publication outweighs the potential harm. Not him - he just squatted and shat out the entire thing without even redacting info that could have protected people on the ground. (including neutral human rights organizations) It is obvious his objective is not based on some ethical "people's right to know" - his objective is to damage the United States. What could possibly be the journalistic reason to disclose our "Warlock" system designed to electronically interfere with IEDs? If you don't believe the government's statements about the lives he has cost, go back up and read post #30 of this thread. There are countless stories like his from people that were there.
Im out. I cant debate logical fallacies. False dichotomy. Either you are right or I have to call out post 30s author as wrong in your appeal to his authority. I cant also debate anecdotal evidence


If all that is true where are the charges other than basic af computer fraud?

Respectfully
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-13-2019, 03:41 PM   #41
jerp
Pope & Young
 
jerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default

You are right that I can’t say “I know” people died due to the data dump as I am just a civilian with no access to that intel. However it is just as wrong for reporters, pundits and free press absolutists to say they “know” no deaths were a result of the disclosure. I also agree that you can’t hang your hat solely on anecdotal evidence. However given the nature and depth of what was released it does not take a giant leap to believe our assets were greatly compromised. They don’t exactly play patty-cake in that world so it is reasonable to believe deaths occurred. It seems that people believe the government’s version of events when it lines up with their worldview. If the governments line was “Wikileaks did no harm” you would have an entirely different group shouting that they are lying
jerp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 08:31 AM   #42
Ætheling
Pope & Young
 
Ætheling's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
You are right that I can’t say “I know” people died due to the data dump as I am just a civilian with no access to that intel. However it is just as wrong for reporters, pundits and free press absolutists to say they “know” no deaths were a result of the disclosure. I also agree that you can’t hang your hat solely on anecdotal evidence. However given the nature and depth of what was released it does not take a giant leap to believe our assets were greatly compromised. They don’t exactly play patty-cake in that world so it is reasonable to believe deaths occurred. It seems that people believe the government’s version of events when it lines up with their worldview. If the governments line was “Wikileaks did no harm” you would have an entirely different group shouting that they are lying
I guess I’m at a point where I’ll have to see how it all plays out. Journalists are for the most part idiots and liars. Assange has proven to be at least somewhat of a useful one. I guess what separates him in my mind is there is no spin. Just pure data dumping so he at least has his honesty intact. The govt could be correct about all you say but the boy has cried wolf one too many thousand times for me to stomach to include the reason for being in a certain part of the Middle East in the first **** place. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black in terms of putting troops in harms way That of course is a distinction with little difference should you have found yourself deployed to Iraq.
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 10:10 AM   #43
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

The guy storing stolen **** is as culpable as the thief..regardless of his ability to share it with others .
Hes a thief.
Not a journalist. Thief.

Yes. It really is that simple.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #44
Pstraw
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Henderson
Hunt In: Front yard or back yard
Default

Just a thought--
If you are going to shoot the messenger, which one will it be?
Pstraw is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-14-2019, 01:53 PM   #45
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstraw View Post
Just a thought--
If you are going to shoot the messenger, which one will it be?
A) why just one
B) no need. They will all be suicided.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 10:00 AM   #46
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Assange has a history of a hacker, not a journalist. I think he trying to make the pivot so that he can argue freedom of speech.

With that said, I think it is more on the government to keep their secrets better than it is for a "journalist" to not report sensitive info.

We just had the media/politicians/government pushing the Trump PP Dossier, that each one knew was not true and yet they pushed it so that they could harm a private citizen. And now all 3 want to claim their should be some ethics on this stuff ?

I read that Assange has already started dumping docs.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 11:18 AM   #47
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

https://bluntforcetruth.com/news/pro...you-interview/

Pro-WikiLeaks Hackers Warn UK Gov: ‘Free Assange or Chaos is Coming for You’
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #48
HighwayHunter
Eight Point
 
HighwayHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
I would disagree about Assange being a journalist. First of all Manning could not have done his hacking without Assange's help. He is a hacker of classified information. When an actual journalist somehow obtains classified information he decides whether the benefits of publication outweighs the potential harm. Not him - he just squatted and shat out the entire thing without even redacting info that could have protected people on the ground. (including neutral human rights organizations) It is obvious his objective is not based on some ethical "people's right to know" - his objective is to damage the United States. What could possibly be the journalistic reason to disclose our "Warlock" system designed to electronically interfere with IEDs? If you don't believe the government's statements about the lives he has cost, go back up and read post #30 of this thread. There are countless stories like his from people that were there.


Manning was an analyst. He/she most certainly could obtain that information and there has yet to be a shred of evidence that Assange hacked or told him to hack anything. The charge is some sort of assistance charge, not that he actually hacked. Assange has exposed every govt that someone leaked him info from. They haven’t once had to retract a story for false information. It’s sad that he put peoples lives at risk, but what’s worse is that our govt blames a journalist for exposing them when they were doing illegal things. Like mowing down a village in the Middle East indiscriminately. Be that as it may, Manning should have been the one charged. Unless they have communications between Assange and Manning where Julian says “here’s how and why you should do it” then he’s innocent, and simply a journalist. We lock up one journalist, then we can lock up any one of them and that’s not American at all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighwayHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 02:17 PM   #49
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayHunter View Post
Manning was an analyst. He/she most certainly could obtain that information and there has yet to be a shred of evidence that Assange hacked or told him to hack anything. The charge is some sort of assistance charge, not that he actually hacked. Assange has exposed every govt that someone leaked him info from. They haven’t once had to retract a story for false information. It’s sad that he put peoples lives at risk, but what’s worse is that our govt blames a journalist for exposing them when they were doing illegal things. Like mowing down a village in the Middle East indiscriminately. Be that as it may, Manning should have been the one charged. Unless they have communications between Assange and Manning where Julian says “here’s how and why you should do it” then he’s innocent, and simply a journalist. We lock up one journalist, then we can lock up any one of them and that’s not American at all.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He/she/it was... Obama commuted it's sentence. Served 4 of 35 years.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #50
HighwayHunter
Eight Point
 
HighwayHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
He/she/it was... Obama commuted it's sentence. Served 4 of 35 years.


I know. So Manning did a little piece of time and Obama got him out. What’s the case now? We let the leaker go but we don’t like you? It’s obvious what our govt is doing. Trying to silence a journalist that tells the truth.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighwayHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com