F250 6.7 engine lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F250 6.7 engine lag?

I have a 2016 with about 9k miles on it right now.
    I have noticed on a slow roll or under 10mph trying to get out into merging traffic, that it hesitates badly when you hit the pedal hard. To the point that it is almost dangerous.
    Is this engine lag or the 6 speed transmission trying to down shift?

On my 2004 Dodge 5.9, it would pin you in the seat when you hit the go pedal hard. It was a 4 speed though. It also would spin the tires on take off from a stop if I was not careful.

Can I get other 6.7/auto users feedback?

That's normal. Try driving a new Dodge or Chevy, its way worse than the Ford. Had both a Chevy and Dodge diesels for work trucks.

I have a'12 F-250, I have gotten used to the lag. Just need to hit the accelerator about a half second before you actually need to go.

Comment

If you're driving with both feet and have any contact with the brake pedal they will lag. At least mine will.

Comment

Pop the hood and make sure all the boots and connection points on the hoses from the heat exchanger (intercooler) are still good. My buddy has a 15 and he had this issue. He said there was some soot covering the engine.

Comment

It's turbo lag. Normal but can be frustrating.
          As said above anticipate it and start sooner. Putting it in
          Tow/Haul seems to help accelerate quicker.

Comment

F250 6.7 engine lag?

I've read a few good reviews about these types of things-

My 5.9 dodge in stock trim dang near got me killed a few times because of its turbo lag.
            My 6.7 ford in tow tune does great, stock tune not so much.

I also run in tow haul mode when in traffic or in town to keep the engine RPMs up in the right gear. One of the downfalls of the 3.31 gears I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by DaveC; 05-19-2017, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Could be your traction control taking over.
              Turn the traction control off and hit it.
              My 16 will light up the rear tires when you punch it with traction control off.

Comment

I'd like to know if this really works.
                I had a Juice on my Dodge, but not sure how they can speed up turbo spool?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  Could be your traction control taking over.
                  Turn the traction control off and hit it.
                  My 16 will light up the rear tires when you punch it with traction control off.
                  I give that a try.
                  Last edited by Capp35; 05-19-2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Another thing this Ford newbie has noticed:
                    When the tow/haul is on, it really assists on engine braking. But I have tried the engine exhaust brake before and have not really noticed anything. Can you really feel or hear it?
                    I am only towing about a little under 5k lbs now. I haven't hooked my TT up to it yet.

Comment

F250 6.7 engine lag?

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                      I'd like to know if this really works.

I had a Juice on my Dodge, but not sure how they can speed up turbo spool?

Going off memory from when I read about them before- they are a pedal position multiplier of sorts. They fool or tell the computer that you mashed down the pedal a lot further than you really did.
                      That's my understanding of them anyways.

I also remember a reviewer stating the warranty would remain intact since it didn't change the stock tuning or engine performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another thing this Ford newbie has noticed:
                        When the tow/haul is on, it really assists on engine braking. But I have tried the engine exhaust brake before and have not really noticed anything. Can you really feel or hear it?
                        I am only towing about a little under 5k lbs now. I haven't hooked my TT up to it yet.
                        Regarding the exhaust brake, Absolutely! I've only used it when I've towed heavy or when driving mountain roads. It works best when you use the manual up/downshift on your trans selector. I was towing 10k lbs down a very steep dirt/rock mountain road I Colorado and was amazed I didn't even have to hit the brakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                          Regarding the exhaust brake, Absolutely! I've only used it when I've towed heavy or when driving mountain roads. It works best when you use the manual up/downshift on your trans selector. I was towing 10k lbs down a very steep dirt/rock mountain road I Colorado and was amazed I didn't even have to hit the brakes!
                          Just select a lower gear and push the exhaust break button?
                          I would assume you would also need to also be in the tow/haul mode.

Comment

Its turbo lag. I hope mine goes away after i delete it and tune it at 100k. Mine is a 2015

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just select a lower gear and push the exhaust break button?
                              I would assume you would also need to also be in the tow/haul mode.
                              I dont remember if you have to be in tow/haul or not. If you have a FX4, the hill decent feature is great too.

Comment

Working...
                              X