New Years Eve Buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Years Eve Buck

Sitting at the house today and jumped up and decided to hit the stand. Asked my daughter if she wanted to get out of the house and she was in. I didn’t expect much since we were the furthest thing from scent free and we were going to have a heater running in the pop up.

We got in the stand late due to driving slow on the icy roads but immediately saw a couple of does running around to get warm. Then we had a button buck and his momma come in. I was going to shoot a doe but my daughter convinced me to leave the little guy’s momma alone. Good thing she did because we had an awesome cull come in. We’ve had three cameras running all year, my buddy lives on the place and we’ve never seen this guy. As soon as he showed my heart was beating out of my chest. I’ve shot does and pigs but never a buck and now one of the coolest deer I’ve seen is going to give me a chance. He came in with a lone doe and she was under the feeder. He was coming in broad side and I went ahead and drew my bow and he quartered to me and froze. I had to hold my draw for what seemed like an hour (was probably 5 minutes). I started cramping and pouting like a little girl and my daughter was trying not to laugh. I finally had to let down and he busted. Luckily he didn’t go far and turned back to us for another 10 minute stare down. He finally put his nose down and ran the doe off and started to eat. He was quartered away slightly when I hit the release. Double lunged him and we watched him fall 30 yds from the stand. Good thing too because it was way to dang cold for a long track job. He’s full of character and I couldn’t be happier.

I was a little worried he wouldn’t make 13” because his weird side went straight up but he was 13.5”. On his good side his brow was 5” with a 3” split, 9.25” G2, 9.5” G3, 7.75” G4 and 19.75” main beam. Palmated with plenty of mass. He would have been P&Y for sure had he not been a cull but his other side is why I like him so much.

Happy New Year fellas!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CoachStanton; 12-31-2017, 09:55 PM.

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats!!!! Was just checking this out on Facebook! Very unique cull!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the late season buck! Glad you got to share the experience with your daughter. I look forward to doing the same with mine one day.

Comment

Cool hunt!

Comment

Heck yeah congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice job!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Congrats!

Comment