Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daddy-Daughter Christmas Hunt Success!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daddy-Daughter Christmas Hunt Success!!!

My oldest daughter and I had a successful hunting weekend after Thanksgiving, so since then my youngest daughter has been asking to go on a trip of our own. We made plans to go after Christmas. She’s making progress shooting her older sisters .243 but said she wasn’t quite ready to shoot at an animal. No problem! She said she’d rather be the spotter and tracker. After family time during Christmas, we packed up and headed to the hill country in search of some late season game. I had a good Tall 6pt that had been frequenting earlier in the season but few daylight photos, super elusive. The week before Christmas he started showing up in the early morning hours! First morning hunt Gabby is snoozing in the blind because she had a hard time falling asleep the night before due to the excitement lol. I wake her up once a group of doe came out. She then went on high alert with her binos calling out every deer, bird, squirrel and critter she sees. Few minutes later she says “big buck..big buck” He stepped out at about 150 yards and I put my scope on him. It was the Tall 6 we were after. Placed a good shot while slightly quartering away and he bolted into the woods. High fives and hugs! We wait about 15 minutes then head to start the track. I let her do the work and she immediately finds blood where he was standing. We have a good bloodtrail and after about 40 yards she yells, “there he is!”. Spotted him and tracked him all on her own. She helped loading onto the game carrier and at the cleaning station. Once we were done, she asks “can we go fishing now”. Absolutely! The fish weren’t biting but it was still fun to throw a couple of hooks in the water. On our last hunt, she wanted to head back to camp a little early for us to get started on dinner, when she spots a hog while getting out of the blind. We barely had enough time to load the rifle, luckily it stopped just shy of going into the woods. BOOM! Hog down. Fun weekend and great way to wrap up the season! She and her sister said it’s been the best deer season ever….I would have to agree! Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for reading.
    Attached Files

Very cool!! Looks like y’all had a blast. Good job to you sir!

Comment

Too cool man! Congrats!!

Comment

That’s awesome congrats! Took my daughter on her first hunts over the break as well.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Flat out awesome stuff there.

The picture of the arrow is cool as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good times!!

Comment

Perfect! Congrats!

Comment

Y'all have had a great season. Congratulations to you and your daughters. This put a smile on my face.

Comment

Working...
                X