Life flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life flight

I have not had any need for it myself. We hunt out in ValVerde County. It is a long way to any hospital.
    I was wondering if any of you have any experience with life flight?
    From what I read most insurance policies don't cover the cost.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I know 2 people that have been life flighted.

Their insurance didn't cover it. One said it was a $54,000 ride.

You can buy a membership to them and the bill is drastically cheaper.

I think Care Flight covers to the area I live. Not sure about the lease. I've been meaning to buy a membership.

Here's a link to the Care Flight Membership page.

As Always My Heart is filled with Love for you and Your Families. Not because I am commanded to Love my Neighbor but because I can, am able to and it brings me Joy
    Last edited by Pushbutton2; 10-08-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Call your insurance company and ask. I know ours covers it, minus the deductible.

Comment

There is coverage available via a separate policy. I have it out in Menard County.

Comment

The cost for a ride back in '96 was $25,000.

Comment

Company I worked for had a contract with them, we would do mock rescues and they would air lift the dummy a couple of miles and bring him back after the rescue. The contract also helped us out as employees. If we ever needed it’s services it was free for all of us or our families.

Comment

Del Rio area is kinda open right now since Air Evac shut down some bases on the border. I’d check with PHI and Halo Flight. Both offer annual memberships for around $50 that will cover you if you happen to need their services.

Comment

Air Evac is who I have in Menard.

Comment

Can somebody give me the contact number for a life flight group that would cover me when hunting our lease in Mason County?

Comment

We have had Air Evac Lifeteam. Never had to use it from the Ranch in Rocksprings BUT, after a motorcycle accident in 2017 in Center Point Texas I wound up in Kerrville hospital. They were planning on driving me to San Antonio Military Medical but my wife stepped in and call Air Evac. Chopper was on the Kerrville pad in 15 minutes and flew me to SAMM. Bill was $48,000. Being a member Air Evac goes after insurance companies. Not a penny outa my pocket.
                    Best thing we ever did.

Comment

Not sure if this is the base and it goes up from here but it looks quite interesting
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm an AirMedCare network member. Includes Air Evac, Guardian Flight, Met Trans and REACH.

Hopefully I'm covered if something ever happens

Comment

We have it. There are several options out there just need to see which one covers your area and fits your needs.

Comment

I am a member of Air Evac. Covers most areas I am in.

Comment

I had to be life flighted on Sept 6 due to my wreck. The bill was 42k for a 15min flight. They have a base charge of 30k then additional rotor wing mileage. Our insurance isn’t covering it, but we will be taking it to the other parties insurance agency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X