No announcement yet.

RIP Neil Peart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first "real" concert growing up was Rush Power Windows Tour.
    Camped out at Ridgemar Mall in Fort Worth for tickets!
    My favorite all time band.
    RIP, def the GOAT!

Comment

https://youtu.be/ZiRuj2_czzw

Comment

RIP. Neil.

2112 is the best album they produced.

Comment

****. That sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
            RIP. Neil.

2112 is the best album they produced.
            It's really too hard for me to pick as I like how they evolved, but no doubt at all this one really set the 3 on fire with masses...oddly enough Tom Sawyer is noted to be their best / all time song & one my 'meh' vs countless others. 40 years of tunes. Hemispheres is credited to be the most difficult & time consuming to produce by the three & said they would never do another like it.

There are 2-3 documentaries on RUSH & worth watching...I think Neil lost his wife and/or daughter in an accident & Neil just peeled off on his BMW scooter & toured the Americas to clear his head. Geddy was quoted as he thought it was the end of the band, as there was no replacing any member.

'Geddy' is actually named Gary, but his mom (holocaust survivor) pronounced it with D's & it stuck.

Comment

The best drummer I ever heard.

Comment

Oh wow.. Horrible.. RIP. The greatest drummer to walk the planet..

Comment

Oh man that sucks. He was an awesome drummer one of the best. RIP

Comment

Missed dearly!

Caught their last show in San Antonio

Comment

No doubt the best drummer to have walked GODs green earth. He shared his talent also, has a lot of youtube teaching vids.

Comment

RIP, one of the best drummers of all time. He was always the benchmark most were measured to.

Comment

He was also a very good writer. I enjoyed this book very much. RIP
                          Attached Files

Comment

Dang, I hate that!! Bad arse drummer and band.

Peart, Petty, and Bowie all too soon.
                            Last edited by sandbill; 01-10-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

So sorry to hear. :-(
                              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Starman View Post
                                He was also a very good writer. I enjoyed this book very much. RIP
                                thank you...ordered.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XPrNGpzeGI"]RUSH - Leave That Thing Alone & Neil Peart Drum Solo - 1997/06/30 - Molson Amphitheatre, Toronto - YouTube[/ame]

Neil Peart, the legendary drummer for the popular Canadian rock trio Rush, has died at age 67, the band announced Friday.

If you never saw their induction into the R&R Hall of Fame it is worth your time...the critics hated their progressive tunes & fans demanded it. Probably never had an ovation greater.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTz2TDr79eI"]rock and roll hall of fame 2013 Rush´s induction - YouTube[/ame]

Here's one from R40 I haven't seen

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kb8UWieKnk"]RUSH R40 Cygnus X 1 The Voyage Part 1 & 3 with (Insane) drum solo @ Pepsi Stadium 7-11-15 - YouTube[/ame]
                                Last edited by Artos; 01-10-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X