No announcement yet.

Instinctive w/Compound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the best bow hunters I know shoots fingers instinctive. He is one of the best all round bow shots I know.
    While in Canada on a moose hunt he shot a cow at 40 yards trotting by him. Just as he hit her, he heard the bull behind her. Yip, he nocked another arrow and shot him at 25 yards as he trotted by. (All legal in Canada. They call it "group" hunting or something like that, meaning you can fill you buddies tag if he is within yelling distance or how ever it reads.)

Comment

Tim wells does .. moving target, no problem

Comment

I shoot this way

Comment

I used to do this I shot an onieda and several other bows. Shooting birds and moving targets is easier because you can hold longer. Been investigating long axle compounds but they are so darn expensive

Comment

Several years ago there were several barebow shooters in the E.Texas area. Not uncommon to have 15 to 20 shooters in the barebow class. Contrary, there were hardly any traditional shooters. There was a guy that would show up occasionally and shoot the barebow class with his longbow, and clean our clocks,lol. I'm sure some of you old timers remember Keith Bain. Would sure like to see him in action again.

Comment

Originally posted by stingerslinger View Post
              Several years ago there were several barebow shooters in the E.Texas area. Not uncommon to have 15 to 20 shooters in the barebow class. Contrary, there were hardly any traditional shooters. There was a guy that would show up occasionally and shoot the barebow class with his longbow, and clean our clocks,lol. I'm sure some of you old timers remember Keith Bain. Would sure like to see him in action again.
              Keith Bain could beat most folks with a broomstick with a string tied to it! He is GOOD!

Bisch

Comment

I use to know a guy around Austin named Rusty Gaines. He could shoot lights out with a compound and no sights. Used a home made leather tab. Some here may know him. I haven't seen him in 30+ years. He helped me learn to shoot a compound instinctively when I was a kid.

Dave

Comment

I used a Mathews long axle finger cam bow shot instinctively off the shelf for shooting rolling alligator gar at the Trinity river in East Texas.You can't shoot too much bow for the 7ups -(7 feet plus gar).

Comment

Working...
                  X