Ready for Deer Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
    Phillip, how far is the drive for you down to NC? How often do you get to hunt that setup during season?
    It's about 4 hours. I'll make it down 8 or 10 times during the season. My youngest brother is as avid a hunter as I am and he lives on the property. I have a travel trailer set up on the property. The setup above is pretty typical of our setups, most of them have ladderstands and we also have 2 or 3 tripods.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
      It's about 4 hours. I'll make it down 8 or 10 times during the season. My youngest brother is as avid a hunter as I am and he lives on the property. I have a travel trailer set up on the property. The setup above is pretty typical of our setups, most of them have ladderstands and we also have 2 or 3 tripods.
      Okay. Yeah I drive about 4 hours to get to my hunting grounds. Of course I am still inside Texas and another 3 hours from any border

Comment

Another one of our setups.
        Attached Files

Comment

Just a little under 2 weeks to go ladies and gents (those that reside in Texas that is... )

I've got my new bow and am shooting it well enough out of the gate that it will be the bow that goes with me to kick off the 2015-2016 season. I am very excited about that!

The lease is ready... just got a few little home projects to finish (building a new gambrel, keeping an eye out for a fanny pack so I can ditch the back pack, etc.)

Comment

ready ready, and been ready!
            just need the temps to drop bout 40 degrees, and all the cows on the place to vanish

Comment

Ready here also gonna kick off the season with a little pig hunt at texas s bowhunting as a B day present to my bro and dad gonna be fun

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
                Ready here also gonna kick off the season with a little pig hunt at texas s bowhunting as a B day present to my bro and dad gonna be fun
                Cool, when do you guys do that hunt?

Comment

One step closer. A quiver full of hunting arrows ready for the weekend. Carbon Express/Zwickey/Nocturnal with green/black/red fletching.

Hoping to stain a shaft or two red in the coming days if you know what I mean

Comment

Yesterday I got my place on the river cleaned up, and good path chopped out so I can get to it without killing myself.

To my surprise & delight, I found the feeder still with a little corn in it, still working, and the animals are hitting it HARD.

That's where I'll be setting waiting for daylight come Saturday morning.

Rick

Comment

That is awesome Rick.

Comment

Working...
                      X