Problem Ordering from Academy's Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Ordering from Academy's Website

What is the trick to ordering stuff off of their website? Found my item, added to my cart, put in my cc info, billing info and press place order. Denied! Do this 2 more times and call the cc company. Not on them, funds available. CC company says the order is being denied by Academy.

At this point I've had enough. The item is not available in the store but I figure I'll stop by one on the way home and just have them order it for me and I'll pay while I'm there and they can call me when it arrives. Talk to a guy at the store and they can't order items, not allowed, so they send me back to their website.

Get home and try again on the website. No dice. Call Academy and get some bs run around about it being the cc companies fault, they are protecting me from fraud. They tell me I need to try again exactly 24hrs later. Call the cc one last time and they assure me they are not putting a hold on the charge. Matter of fact at this point they are expecting the charge to come through.

Anyone else had this problem?

I've had a similar situation just not with the Academy website. Try a different computer. That worked for me.

Comment

Tried different devices with different browsers, same problem.

Comment

Me and the wife had the same problem with Academy a week or so ago, they lost a sale to Amazon, grandkids won't know the difference, we got our stuff so no more Christmas panic attacks for the wife, so no more Scrooge mood for me! It's all good!

Comment

Must be your credit card then.

Maybe have a family member or friend order the stuff for you and pay them back? I don't know what else you can do.

Comment

I have had problems as well. It wouldn't let me enter CC info.

Comment

That’s weird. Sounds like they may need to fix their systems before they lose too many dales

Comment

That’s weird. Sounds like they may need to fix their systems before they lose too many dales

Comment

Couldn't order something from them on my phone the other day, same problem you're having but no issues on the computer.

Comment

Got ticked off enough that I said screw it and ordered the gun from Cabelas. Was a little more expensive but the gf found a Cabelas gift card so that helped offset some of the cost. I'll still shop at Academy but their website blows.

Comment

Academy website sucks. The other day I got 4 emails for one purchase. Luckily not multiple charges but definitely made me go check.

Comment

Working...
                      X