No corn gone since Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No corn gone since Saturday

I shot a good size boar Saturday morning around 8:20. We didn't go back till this evening and doesn't look like anything has been to my feeder since!!! I hunt south of Henderson just off 79. Anybody else had this issue?

Just a couple pigs to my spots and have not seen but one deer so far on the new spots i hunt.

Comment

Seems like every time I kill a hog at my feeder, nothing comes around for a few days. This is just my place though, other places Ive hunted I can shoot a hog, and wait 30 minutes and more will come with a dead hog laying on the ground. I can do this the very next night also.

Comment

Well nothing tonight........guess gonna lay out for a few more days see if that helps!!!

Comment

Don't sound good. When we kill hogs the forest echoes with laughter. Just kidding, but I've seen deer feed right around a dead hog. Maybe it's cause there so use to them.

Comment

Hey man, I'm in Henderson and everybody at our church that has been in the woods lately has said that the acorns have the deer off the feeders. That hog was probably your major consumer. Hang tight; this cold front coming in this weekend ought to stir up some activity.

Comment

Happens to us every year about the 2nd-3rd weekend of Oct. Acorns IS your problem! Time to hunt trails, funnels and oak patches!

Comment

They are all about the acorns right now, I'd find some good oaks with some deer poop under them and hang a stand!

Comment

I agree I thought where I am at was gonna be that honey hole!!!! It's a pipe line in an oak bottom. My feeder is set out in the pipe line in a draw. I guess there just not coming out across the pipe line? Well gotta get a stand put up in the oaks. The funny thing is I have not seen the same pigs at the feeder twice.
                  Last edited by nathank; 10-23-2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Well went back this after noon to check on things before the cold front this weekend and...............corn all over the dang ground!!!! Did I shoot the only pig conning to my feeder and are there no freakin deer? Has anybody got any suggestions on attractants that work in east Texas? Something easily bought please noting I have to order.

Comment

Bro, it's NOT about the hog you shot! It's the acorns!!!!! The game waits for this time of year for 9 months! They could care less about corn when there a billion fat fresh acorns on the ground!

Comment

Working...
                      X