20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gander View Post
    Don't worry about him texaslammer, he is constantly posting stuff that brings people down. We used to hunt some public, but for the most part we hunt private now. We own some private marsh in Sea Breeze and two of my best friends own a pretty big spread in Labelle. The place this hunt was on I don't get to hunt nearly as much as I used to, but it's in between Hankamer and Winnie.
    I’m from Beaumont originally. My dad grew up hunting Pipkins when it was like $5/day and you left your money in a coffee can at the gate. That was a year or two back. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      I’m from Beaumont originally. My dad grew up hunting Pipkins when it was like $5/day and you left your money in a coffee can at the gate. That was a year or two back. LOL
      I remember hearing about those days. The Pipkin's actually border us to the north and I know a bunch of the guys running hunts for them these days. That's a beautiful ranch they have out there and the lodge they built is pretty incredible.

Comment

Saw a lot of ducks but not too many of them committed. Still were able to knock down some nice redheads and most importantly spend some good quality time with the family. Finally was able to convince my sister to just go sit with us and although she felt bad for the ducks while they were flopping around in the water, she enjoyed it!
        Attached Files

Comment

Quick morning wood duck hunt with my dad plus a bonus green wing. We usually shoot a lot of wood duck but this year they seem to be the only birds that made it down south for us. Saw groups of probably 200-250.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
            Saw a lot of ducks but not too many of them committed. Still were able to knock down some nice redheads and most importantly spend some good quality time with the family. Finally was able to convince my sister to just go sit with us and although she felt bad for the ducks while they were flopping around in the water, she enjoyed it!

Nice rig, looks familiar. May have seen it out there before.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmsck12 View Post
              Nice rig, looks familiar. May have seen it out there before.

Yessir, probably have. We went out with Aaron Cisneros yesterday. An airboat ride was the only way I could convince my sister to go.

Comment

Lots of nice piles posted lately!

Originally posted by Thatstheguy View Post
                what camera and lens are you using
                I've got a Canon 50D and a 5D Mkii. I shot the flying birds and the dog pics with either a 70-200 or 150-600. For videos or closer/pile pics I'll use the 24-105 or the Osmo Pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                  Yessir, probably have. We went out with Aaron Cisneros yesterday. An airboat ride was the only way I could convince my sister to go.

I new that was his boat, he’s usually on em good. Surprised y’all didn’t shoot more

Comment

This morning was my best duck hunt ever. (Relative newbie on heavily hunted public land) The weather looked crappy and I almost didn’t go, but I’m glad I did. I got my first limit ever. My first pintail, my first spoony and my first double. What an epic hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                      This morning was my best duck hunt ever. (Relative newbie on heavily hunted public land) The weather looked crappy and I almost didn’t go, but I’m glad I did. I got my first limit ever. My first pintail, my first spoony and my first double. What an epic hunt.

Congrats sounds like a great trip!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Nice! Beautiful widgeons and your makeshift blind is awesome! Those are hard to make in a hurry and it looks great to boot.

Comment

Lot of ducks flying this morning up here. Really need this rain to keep coming so they have some places to land!

Good numbers this morning, probably 10k over the field we hunted. Haven’t had that many since the season opened.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                                Nice! Beautiful widgeons and your makeshift blind is awesome! Those are hard to make in a hurry and it looks great to boot.

Thanks, two of them were nice mature birds. I can’t take credit for the blind. I got to where I planned to hunt and there it was. Bonus!

Comment

Working...
                                X