Nafta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nafta

What would be involved for the President to cancel NAFTA?

Do you think it's a good idea for him to use NAFTA as a bargaining chip with Mexico to stop the Carvan of immigrants?

I'm more concerned with him ****ing around with China than I am with anything to do with Mexico short of slamming the door on all trade/business until their Government stops acting like we owe them ****.

Comment

Roma tomatoes prices will go up

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
        I'm more concerned with him ****ing around with China than I am with anything to do with Mexico short of slamming the door on all trade/business until their Government stops acting like we owe them ****.
        Its just like welfare, after a while they just expect it as the status quo.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
          What would be involved for the President to cancel NAFTA?

Do you think it's a good idea for him to use NAFTA as a bargaining chip with Mexico to stop the Carvan of immigrants?
          I think it's a great idea. Screw Mexico and NAFTA. Make Mexico take responsibility for their people coming over here.

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Make Mexico take responsibility for their people coming over here.
            Every time I hear this ^ I shake my head. Imagine for a minute that fate shined on the US and all of the never trumpers had followed through on their threats to leave the country. Would it really have been our (the US's) responsibility to stop them? How would it be our job to keep our citizens from going to another county and breaking their laws?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
              Every time I hear this ^ I shake my head. Imagine for a minute that fate shined on the US and all of the never trumpers had followed through on their threats to leave the country. Would it really have been our (the US's) responsibility to stop them? How would it be our job to keep our citizens from going to another county and breaking their laws?
              When did any of those neverTrumpers say they were going to go elsewhere illegally?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I think it's a great idea. Screw Mexico and NAFTA. Make Mexico take responsibility for their people coming over here.
                ^^^ yep, let them see how it is without any aid from the U.S. for a few years; that should get their hearts right.

Mexico should be real proud that so many of their citizens want out of that stinking s#!+ hole. And that goes for the other s#!+ holes south of there too.

Comment

It's a slippery slope...I'm biased & worked SOTB in the maquilas for 14 years until it became ugly with all the narco crap. I made parts for fortune 500 companies from medical, consumer, professional. DeWALT, Harley Davidson, CAT, John Deere, Generac, GE medical, Siemans etc. Many of the sub assemblies we made went to plants in the USA for final completion. Don't be so quick to throw the baby out with bathwater thinking NAFTA is all evil. If indeed it is disbanded be prepared for most everything to come from China & India, etc. Companies will react to being profitable, period.

China can make the same part we could in Mexico for less than what we had in material alone...so, you got logistics involved with Mexico & Canada to help US Mfg Survive.

It's a tangled web with these big companies & Trump drawing a line in the sand with China when all our big boys have roots there is why stocks are going south. It's a global economy & IMO the America's need too stand together to compete in this global economy.

Comment

Good for the Gander

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    When did any of those neverTrumpers say they were going to go elsewhere illegally?
                    Does it matter if they said they were or were not going illegally? If Rosie O'Donnell said she was going to sneak into Canada, would it be the US's job to stop her? And where do we draw the line? If a TBH'er said, "I can't believe spitting is illegal in Singapore. I'm gonna go over there and spit when no one's watching!" would it be the US's job to make sure that doesn't happen? I want no part of the US doing preventative policing for other countries. We should only have to worry about enforcing our own laws for people in our country. And what's good for the goose...

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                      You’re ill informed. Mexico gives information packets as to how to cross the border.

Comment

Settle down. Trump is just brake-checking Mexico, Canada, and China. All he is saying is that there is a new sheriff in town and the lame Obama stuff is over.

Each country will re-negotiate trade agreements with the US participating in a fair, win-win manner. The US has given itself the short-end of every deal since Bush Jr. Trump is just putting a quick stop to those deals, so he can force everyone back to the table to negotiate fair win-win deals or at least equal-lose deals in their place.

What would you do different if you were the president?

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post
                          Settle down. Trump is just brake-checking Mexico, Canada, and China. All he is saying is that there is a new sheriff in town and the lame Obama stuff is over.

Each country will re-negotiate trade agreements with the US participating in a fair, win-win manner. The US has given itself the short-end of every deal since Bush Jr. Trump is just putting a quick stop to those deals, so he can force everyone back to the table to negotiate fair win-win deals or at least equal-lose deals in their place.

All that and a bag of chips

Comment

Originally posted by banzai View Post

I'd do exactly what he's doing.

Just funny to watch the media act like he should be doing nothing. If he did nothing they'd bash him for that also.

Comment

Looks like his strategy of ending NAFTA worked if Mexico didn't assist with the Caravan of migrants. Word is the organizers have decided not to head for the US border. I'm sure announcing he's deploying the National Guard to the border helped sway their decision also.

Comment

Working...
                              X