Live Wyoming Fly Fishing Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Wyoming Fly Fishing Trip

Tomorrow morning at 6am I'll be boarding a plane bound for Casper, Wyoming chasing rainbow and brown trout on the fly. Fishing with my buddy Forrest who is a fly guide with Ugly Bug fly shop there in Casper. His reports have been strong leading up to the trip, and the weather should permit 3 days of fishing. Lows in the mid 30s and a high of 55 for the weekend should be a great change of pace. I'll keep it as live as I can, there should be some beautiful trout caught and good times with a solid friend.

Good luck catch a bunch .

Comment

Some of the pics he sent me last week and the week before

Comment

In!

Good luck

Comment

Have a great time!

Comment

That should be a fun trip......good luck!

Comment

Jaker_cc, I live here in Casper and fish the North Platte where you will be fishing. They will be finishing up flushing the river I believe on Wednesday of this week so the water level and flow will go back down and should be excellent towards the end of the week.
              Weather is also supposed to be up around 60 later this week so it will be excellent to be out on the river. I know Ugly Bug well and Blake, the owner.
              Have a great time, it looks like you have timed your trip well!

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                Jaker_cc, I live here in Casper and fish the North Platte where you will be fishing. They will be finishing up flushing the river I believe on Wednesday of this week so the water level and flow will go back down and should be excellent towards the end of the week.
                Weather is also supposed to be up around 60 later this week so it will be excellent to be out on the river. I know Ugly Bug well and Blake, the owner.
                Have a great time, it looks like you have timed your trip well!

Thanks a lot I've been looking forward to it for a while now. We knew it would be a risk coming this early due to weather, but It's pretty much the only time I could come up.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  Thanks a lot I've been looking forward to it for a while now. We knew it would be a risk coming this early due to weather, but It's pretty much the only time I could come up.
                  You picked a good time to come up. The spring fishing gets really hot with nymphs about early to mid April. Last year I floated the third week of April with a friend of mine and we landed 30 fish and hooked up at least that many more that we never netted. You will have a great time!

Comment

Very jealous. Good luck!

Comment

Good luck - those are some pigs he has been catching

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck! Can't wait to follow along!

Comment

So far so good, got my bag checked and boarded the flight with no issues. We are wheels up in 10 min and on to SLC for a 2 hour layover. I land in Casper at 11:30 and the fun begins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Living vicariously through you guys from my office... Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X