No announcement yet.

Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a brand new photon 4.6 from the factory.

My 3.5 was having issues with the battery cap so Jason suggested calling customer service.
    Awesome experience, great people, quick quick service, and the replaced my old one with the newest model.

And I gotta say...this thing is sweeeeeet!!!!!

I can't wait till the holidays to go shoot!

Comment

I'm hoping Jason gets his next shipment in soon. The suspense is killin me haha. Go on leave soon and hopefully will have my photon by then.

Anybody else have some kill shots with their photon?

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          I'm guessing upfront that the issue will be rail size. If the rails on your two guns are identical, little or no adjustment of the QD screws will be necessary, and zero should hold. However, even a small change in the screws will probably throw off the zero at 150 yards.

Well if you have all mil-spec rails it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Tsix-eightX View Post
            Well if you have all mil-spec rails it shouldn't be a problem, right?
            Sadly, mil-spec tolerances vary widely between manufacturers. Whether it's enough to throw off the scope at 150 yards, I do not know. I'll find out tomorrow though. Taking two days off to blast and cast. As long as it stays Minute of Hog, I'll be happy.

If anyone else has NV, is a relatively normal person, and wants to hunt hogs in the Wilson/Karnes County area, hit me up.

Comment

First off, congrats Travis!! That's a porker right there! Great pics too.

Ok time for a Photon update for those that don't know yet. First off, I'm still waiting on this month's shipment and I keep hearing that Sightmark should have them "any day now". Shouldn't be long, that's the good news.

The bad news is Sightmark started calling dealers 2 weeks ago and warning us that their production of Photons this month was WAY down and we would all be getting only a tiny amount of Photons compared to previous months. They said they were telling us way in advance so we could be mad and get over it before they actually came in.lol I don't like it but I don't see what getting mad does about it either. I still don't know how many XT's I'll be getting this month but I've been told to expect only a few....like 1-3, compared to the double digits I've gotten every other month.

I can't think of a worse month than December to have this kind of a production issue but it is what it is. Sightmark says they are hoping for a much better January production and I'm hoping they are right. I had high hopes of actually getting fully caught up on all back orders this month but now, that's out the window and I'm just hoping to get caught up in January but I'm still getting orders, so who knows.

Anyway, sorry to be the bearer or bad news to those in line but it's out of everyone's hands and all we can do is sit, wait and hope for the best.

- Jason

Comment

Awesome pics guys!

Comment

It's that lens cap, man. They're just having the world's hardest time making one that stays on!

Comment

It's that lens cap, man. They're just having the world's hardest time making one that stays on!
                    HAHA, If I was them I wouldnt look at Butler Creek and copy how they have done it. That was a 7.99 solution to the lense cap issue. Drilled a hole in the middle and good to go now.

Comment

Night Vision hunting Thread

I think I'll name this rig"Quiet Riot"
                      With Gemtech subsonic rounds, it's just ridiculous.
                      Savage FVSR
                      SWR Spectre II

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418861279.339421.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.2 KB
ID:	24351825

Comment

^^like button!

Comment

Time for a night out in the hay barn for some rat killin followed up with a lively game called shoot the coons off the feeder

Comment

Headed out in a few hours to bring home the bacon. Thanks again to Jason at Outdoor Legacy for the hook up on all the gear. It's go time.

Comment

Headed out in a few hours to bring home the bacon. Thanks again to Jason at Outdoor Legacy for the hook up on all the gear. It's go time.

Thats a bad mo fo. Good Luck

Comment

I see two things that jump right out at me about that (beautiful) AR.

#1 That's a pretty fancy shmancy pressure mount switch you've got on your 20IR!!

#2 DO NOT PRESS THE RED BUTTON. I repeat, DO NOT PRESS THE RED BUTTON!

Comment

Working...
                                X