Smoke Whole Backstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Whole Backstrap

Need some help. Was going to try and smoke a whole backstrap this week in my water smoker. Was looking for some recipes and advice.

Do it just like you would on your grill. I wrap mine in bacon. Cook it till the internal temp. is 145 to 160. I use dry rub and you can cut the strap open and put what ever you want inside and tie it back up with butcher string and cook it. Green chili, onion, bacon,salt,pepper, and garlic are my favorite. Hope that helps. Good eating!

Comment

bump

Comment

I soak mine over night in a mixture of 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of kosher salt in a large bowl or crock in the fridge. Drain, rinse, sprinkle with brisket rub then roll in cracked black pepper. Smoke until right texture, color and desired doneness. Enjoy.

Comment

Cut the bs into thirds. Cut a hole in the middle and put in a little teriaki (if you like it). Put in your favorite dry seasoning and use your fingers to coat the inside. Stuff with cream cheese, onions, and bell peppers and put tooth picks over the opening to close it off. Season the outside and throw it on the pit.

Comment

I use a product called Seven Flags Grillin Mud...

...alll my deer stay i the cooler for 2-3 weeks before I skin and package. Just rub this stuff on in and sear over the fire quickly but must be warm / pinking to red inside. No over cooking......

Even guys that do not like venison go ape over it......

Comment

Originally posted by Slingblade View Post
              Do it just like you would on your grill. I wrap mine in bacon. Cook it till the internal temp. is 145 to 160. I use dry rub and you can cut the strap open and put what ever you want inside and tie it back up with butcher string and cook it. Green chili, onion, bacon,salt,pepper, and garlic are my favorite. Hope that helps. Good eating!
              X2 and I will also marinade for 2 days in a garlic and herb marinade. Make sure you don't take your eye's off the BBQ because the bacon will flare up and if your not watching you will be left with charcoal. I will also use toothpicks instead of butcher string. Enjoy that backstrap

Comment

Working...
              X