Beans, beans the magical fruit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beans, beans the magical fruit.

Anybody have a good recipe for pinto beans? Making some in a cookoff next month.

I got one

When you presoak your beans....soak them in beer (Brand not important) Rinse off and pour in pot. One can of beer the rest water. Add sliced salt pork when you start. Cook beans like you normally would. Right before you serve pour in a combination of sliced beef sausage, diced (Salad onions), diced up tomatoes. I usually make 5 pounds of beans at a time for the family so I use 1 link of sausage, 1 pack of onions, and 2 tomatoes. It is up to your judgement as to how much is needed. This is a recipe you can't mess up. If you like spinich....add a can also. DON'T FORGET THE PICANTE CORNBREAD.

Enjoy

SNAKEHUNTER

Comment

Snake,

That sounds like a good recipe, but how big is your family? 5lbs would feed us for a month.

Comment

I hear for a cookoff you do not want any "extras".. just beans and sauce... and make sure your turn in cup is spotless and clean.. use latex gloves when handling... lots of cook-off tricks to follow.. but I don't know them all.

Comment

Working...
        X