Hunting and fishing question for the GOFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting and fishing question for the GOFs

I’m in my mid 30s and since I’ve been hunting and fishing on my own I’ve had access to Internet Maps to scout woods, bay systems and what not. How did the GOFs manage to find “honey holes” without map? Was it just hours of scouting,or word of mouth ?

I know the internet has changed the ways we do a lot of Things and I can only imagine it’s changed the way some hunt and fish as well.

A lot of leg work.

Comment

I used to order those USGS topo maps through the mail, cut out the portion I needed then reduce it to a manageable size on the office copier

Comment

For my grandpa, he never used anything but live bait. Caught tons. Simple to look for timber and check depth with your lines....

Comment

Hours and hours on the water both for pleasure and competitively.

Comment

trial & error...rinse & repeat.

Comment

Yes growing up we used live bait, chicken blood, beef blood. Hunting leg work and places we hunted for decades fro my dads days etc. Yes we had some scrape lines that were in the same general areas for decades and in one case a magnolia tree. The freak hurricane in 2005 that came through the Sam Rayburn area, left allot of downed trees that changed some of these areas travel patterns.

Comment

Having hunted public lands for thirty something years, it took years and years of leg work, not hours.

Comment

Working...
                X