Concrete guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concrete guys

After all the rain Harvey dumped it seems my roof leaked and cause some flooring in a room to buckle. Nothing compared to what others have. This is an added room that was done after the main house was built. I'm assuming it was poured as a patio, then later enclosed. There is an expansion joint that is completely gone. What's the best and correct way to fix this before we put new flooring down over this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blake8504; 09-03-2017, 08:40 AM.

I would try to have somebody to actually come check it out. My fear is, if it was a patio, some patios are only 4" thick. So the question is all the concrete 4" or do they both have beams?

Regardless it's going to need some time, I think after the ground has been saturated that long it's going to affect the soil under the foundation and would need a month or so to dry out.

What type of flooring are you going to put in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a grinder and clean the inside walls of the joint. Vac or blow out the joint.
      Pack the joint with backing rod. Apply primer with a small brush.
      Shoot the joint with BASF Master Seal Self Leveling Elastomeric Polyurethane Sealant.
      Last edited by Czechfish; 09-03-2017, 09:20 AM.

Comment

It is 4" thick (based on me putting a tape in the expansion joint), but not all of it is 4", they did pour beams on the outer walls. I was nervous, but I just dug down on the outside and they did pour beams.

The plan is to go back with tile. We had laminate, but it's the kids play room, so something more spill and kid friendly.

Comment

Laminate will be more forgiving with slab shifting.

Comment

Go with vinyl, it can withstand the spills and is more pliable of the floor shifts. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Czechfish View Post
              Take a grinder and clean the inside walls of the joint. Vac or blow out the joint.
              Pack the joint with backing rod. Apply primer with a small brush.
              Shoot the joint with BASF Master Seal Self Leveling Elastomeric Polyurethane Sealant.
              this, but don't step in it, don't get it in you, don't get it onthe dog. It will get everywhere and be with you for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                this, but don't step in it, don't get it in you, don't get it onthe dog. It will get everywhere and be with you for a while.
                Does it have to be the BASF or will an equivalent work, such as sikaflex?

Also, is there any reason i have to go back and treat it as an expansion joint, or can I just fill it in with concrete?
                Last edited by Blake8504; 09-03-2017, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake8504 View Post
                  Does it have to be the BASF or will an equivalent work, such as sikaflex?

Also, is there any reason i have to go back and treat it as an expansion joint, or can I just fill it in with concrete?
                  Sikaflex will work just fine. Make sure you use a foam backer rod or you will be using tons of Sikaflex

Comment

SL1 will work as well. Any local sheplers will have it.

Comment

Just fill with concrete it will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X