Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw hunts, what are y'all putting in for and did you draw?

I'm doing gator at JD Murphree and Dam B along with WT Doe/exotic in Kerrville.

Will let ya know if I get drawn, good luck boys!

I put in for gun deer at devils river sna and pronghorn at rita blanca grasslands.

Comment

Originally posted by Brentwalkertx View Post
      I put in for gun deer at devils river sna and pronghorn at rita blanca grasslands.
      My dad won a hunt for Pronghorn at Rita Blanca Grasslands last season and was successful.

Comment

Put in for Archery either sex white tail at Chap, and Hemphill County Ranch private lands prong horn. And for scimitar/oryx some place I can't remember. These were the only three hunts I would be home for.

Comment

I only put in for gators and exotics so far. Last year I think I i applied for 25 different hunts, got drawn for one. But it was for Laguna rifle hunt with my dad and we had a awesome time. Hopefully we get drawn for something again this year.

Comment

Laguna rifle exotic

Comment

I put in for everything with the chance of taking exotics within 5-6 hours.

Comment

Put in for 53 I think last year, drew 3. Think I've got 55 down to put in for this year.

Comment

$42 worth here.

Comment

Too many to list but usually get drawn for a couple each year.

Comment

We haven't been picked in a few years but we'll be putting in again this year.

Comment

Put the wife and I in for a bunch again this year. Gator at a couple places, WT gun either sex a couple places, exotic archery and gun several places, pronghorn, mule deer archery couple places.... Only been drawn for 1 hunt in about 8-9 years of putting in. Got drawn first year for Aoudad at Caprock my first try and been snakebit ever since....

Comment

Originally posted by TxouT View Post
                          I'm doing gator at JD Murphree and Dam B along with WT Doe/exotic in Kerrville.

Will let ya know if I get drawn, good luck boys!
                          I've done Kerrville twice and it's one of my favorites

I try to put in for mostly Central Texas hunts. The Anterless hunts seem to have the best odds to get drawn

Also, if I don't get drawn there are a couple of hunts that I have been lucky for standbys
                          Last edited by Freight Mover; 07-14-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Question for everyone. I'm always confused by the system. I'm wanting to apply for the Young County Dove Hunt and it says "1 to 4 people per application".

What does that mean exactly? Does that mean if I apply I can bring three friends with me?

Basically I want to be able to bring my Dad and 2 brothers so does that mean I add them on my application? Or do they have to add themselves? And I think they got rid of the disqualification for double adding. If I don't add them and I get drawn then I'm going alone?

Why do they have to make this stuff so hard. Why can't they just let you register, pay the fee and then if you win you can bring three friends? Instead they always seems to make it the most convoluted system possible.

Comment

Originally posted by drycreek View Post
                              Question for everyone. I'm always confused by the system. I'm wanting to apply for the Young County Dove Hunt and it says "1 to 4 people per application".

What does that mean exactly? Does that mean if I apply I can bring three friends with me?

Basically I want to be able to bring my Dad and 2 brothers so does that mean I add them on my application? Or do they have to add themselves? And I think they got rid of the disqualification for double adding. If I don't add them and I get drawn then I'm going alone?

Why do they have to make this stuff so hard. Why can't they just let you register, pay the fee and then if you win you can bring three friends? Instead they always seems to make it the most convoluted system possible.

I don't think the system will allow the double entry

When we go as a group we apply together on the same application

If it says 1-4, you can entertain up to 4 people on the app and if dream each would get a permit to hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X