Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Night Vision Hog Hunt

Well, semi live.

Me , Blue Tick and Ed are in Wichita Falls hunting with Dry Creek Outfitters. Started out with Ed nailing a sow. I pulled the shot on another that with her. We checked a few other fields and Blue Tick had a rifle/mag malfunction but got things straight and shot one but didnt recover. I was up and we came across a nice boar and put the sneak on him. Got to about 80yds and let him have it. Pics to come, video will take a day or 2.

Back on the road to check another field. Ed is up with his 308

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Headed to the hotel. Ended up with three recovered. Had several not found but wounded. I was definitely not on my game. Hope to make a better showing tomorrow

Comment

What type of NV optics are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by BiteEmNBeatEm View Post
            What type of NV optics are you using?

Using the NV system Miket has designed. Pretty slick system and like it so far.

Comment

Getting ready to head back to Dry Creek and back out to the fields. We got a few decent videos but broke the plug on the cable to my MDVR and lost a couple of chances to get more decent video. One of the guys had multiple FTF on their rifle but now I think we got these issues worked out and ready to get busy again.

Comment

Goodluck

Comment

Good luck! Let that Bison eat!

Comment

My lone boar from last night. Got pretty good video of this one.

Comment

Nice pig! Keep em coming

Comment

Starting slow as expected in this heat. Scanning fields. They have lots of property so we are driving from one to another looking for pork with their thermal.

Comment

Looks like fun, keep the pics a coming.

Comment

Had a group at the edge of a field but by the time we were about to head that way they went back in the brush.

Comment

Had 2 boars out in a wheat field. Tried to get between em so we could shootboth but it didnt work out. We both aimed at the closest one about 150yds out. Jeff fired first and he ran left. Couldnt tell if he him so we both fired as he ran. One of Jeffs hit him and then I fired again and spined at approx 200yds. I believe I got it on video as long as the plug on the dvr cable is cooperating.

Comment

Working...
                              X