Antique Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antique Restoration

My dad just bought a piece of property from a family member that was a bit of a hoarder. After digging around and helping him clean out some old barns I found a couple pieces I would like to restore or have restored. They may not even be worth anything but I think they are cool.

The first is an old Vendorlator Coke Machine. Best guess 48-53 model.

The second is an old singer sewing machine. Not sure if the year but could be a cool piece for the house.

If anyone knows anyone anywhere in the Houston or Austin area, I would appreciate it.
    Attached Files

No help on the restoration, but those are some cool old finds. I agree they would look cool if you could get them restored.

Comment

Good luck on that coke machine, I have a kegerator from the 60's or earlier and I cannot find anyone in the houston area to gut it and make it functional, I think it's a parts issue or they just dont want to mess with it. Someone somewhere can do it but it could get awful costly

Comment

You can make a cool table, out of the sewing machine, just ditch the top part and use the metal base.

Comment

My mom has a sewing machine like that one. Definitely lift with your legs.

Comment

I dont know about restoring your items. But i do have the same Singer sewing machine base in my barn. I'm going to turn it into a table, or tv stand.

Comment

I made a table years ago with an old Willys tailgate and a base like that. Turned out really nice and was simple.

Comment

You can call Town & Country Sales in Baytown
                281-421-1904
                Talk to Ronnie or Angella Parrish. They are the owners and are awesome folks. I’ve known them both for over 40 years

All Town and country does is buy, sale, and refurbish antiques...they can sure enough either help you out or point you in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by jleverett329 View Post
                  My dad just bought a piece of property from a family member that was a bit of a hoarder. After digging around and helping him clean out some old barns I found a couple pieces I would like to restore or have restored. They may not even be worth anything but I think they are cool.

The first is an old Vendorlator Coke Machine. Best guess 48-53 model.

The second is an old singer sewing machine. Not sure if the year but could be a cool piece for the house.

If anyone knows anyone anywhere in the Houston or Austin area, I would appreciate it.
                  My mom had three of those old Singers. I watched her sew many a stitch on that thing as a kid. Also, my old elementary school had one of those soda machines. Dropped the little bottles of pop for a dime.

Comment

As far as restoration of the Singer you'd be a lot better off finding one restored or in great condition. They don't bring much money but restoration is expensive.

Comment

My neighbor just sold me that EXACT Singer in great condition last week. Its sitting in my garage. He is not doing well financially and it was one of the last things he had to sell. All he wanted was $20 for it to buy groceries. I didn't want the machine but he wouldn't just take the $20. ....anyways Houston area.

Comment

I've got a couple contacts online that restore and rebuild tons of those Singer machines and bases. I could line you up with them. PM me if interested

Barry

Comment

Cool, never anything wrong in trying

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                            I've got a couple contacts online that restore and rebuild tons of those Singer machines and bases. I could line you up with them. PM me if interested

Barry
                            Here's what one of those "Singer Red Eye" looks like restored from the guy's collection I mentioned above:

Attached Files
                            Last edited by WildThings; 11-18-2020, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I can't help on where to restore but here is a picture of my wives great grandmothers one. It is not a fancy one but it is 100% original and acts as a catch all in my still unfinished bathroom. Good luck on your project.

-john

Comment

Working...
                              X