How long do you keep your bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long do you keep your bow?

Still Shooting my Mathews Reezen but I have been looking at upgrade to something around 2015 (not 2105) models.
    Last edited by Abu_dude; 10-07-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu_dude View Post
      Still Shooting my Mathews Reezen but I have been looking at upgrade to something around 2105 models.
      Wow! You're in it for the long haul!

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
        Wow! You're in it for the long haul!

The wife always says I’m a tightwad [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought my first bow in 07 at gander mountain then quickly bought a PSE bruin from precision the same year because I liked my buddies so much. I never liked the look of split limb bows so in 2014 when bowtech came out with the carbon knight I immediately went to precision and bought the first one they had, it's still the one I currently use. I figured next year I'll buy something new if one catches my eye. So not counting the first 2 bows the same year I average 7 years per bow. Seems like everyone loves their VXR so I'll most likely shoot one of those to see how it feels.

Comment

Bought a used Mathews MQ32 about 6 years ago to make sure I was really interested in bow hunting and once I realized I like shooting a bow, I bought a new Mathews Monster Chill and still have it and use it. I was a "keep up with the Jones" kind of guy in my younger days but now if it ain't broke, I don't fix it.

Comment

First "compound" was a Browning Deluxe Nomad in 1977, I then purchased a Hoyt Ram in 1985, In 2000 I bought an Bear Epic Extreme, in 2012 I purchased a Mathews Heli-M. Still shooting the Heli-M. I still have the Hoyt and the Bear I use as a back-up.

Comment

I'm still rocking the Switchback (2004). Funny, my arrows fly just as straight as the new bows. Just may not get there quite as quick.

Comment

I had a ‘96 Solo Cam that I shot until I bought my HeliM in 2012. Still shooting my HeliM & still love it. Was tempted to buy a Halon when they came out, but couldn’t justify putting down the HeliM. It’s too quiet and too reliable to drop another $1500-$2k on a new set-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still shooting my 08 Elite GT500 and 11 PSE Omen Pro.

Haven’t found a good enough reason to shell out $1200-$1500 to update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tlh2865 View Post
                      I still have my PSE Evo from 2011
                      Same here. I have no plans to change.

Comment

I used to get a new bow every year.

However - I'm still shooting a 2010 Strother SX-1 and they aren't even in business anymore!

I still try out and shoot new bows every year. But, I've yet to find one that out shoots my Strother.

I'll keep trying or wait till this one gives up.

Comment

I am usually 4-5 models behind what ever the new craze is. Went from a Z7 to a Halon 6 32. Next used new one I would like to try would be a vxr 28 when the new wears off them.

Comment

I use to get one or two news ones a year . That stopped several years ago . Been shooting my obsession for the last 4 or 5 years . Have not found another bow that shoots as good as it .

Comment

Bought my Matthews Switchback XT back in 2006 I believe. Still using it this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                                Well, it sounds like there aren't as many folks as I thought buying new bows every year or two. This is my 7th season hunting with my Elite Hunter. I hunted 6 years before that with my Hoyt Vectrix before passing it on to a buddy who wanted to get into bow hunting. My first bow was an ancient early 90's model PSE that I learned to bow hunt with until I bought an old Hoyt Heat.
                                I’ve noticed that folks who have been shooting for 20+ yrs tend to keep bows longer than those folks who have been shooting for less time. I think the comments above solidify my theory.

Comment

Working...
                                X