Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What temperature will you put up your snake boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What temperature will you put up your snake boots?

Based on what I'm reading once the temps stay below 60 on average, the snakes stay in bermation.

Or do you hunt with them all season long?

I wear mine year round. We have a ton of cactus on our place, so it helps while tracking and moving around.

Comment

Pretty much wear them year 'round. You never know when it is going to warm up and one of the boogers will be out sunning!

Now, if i know for a fact that it's going to stay cold, and I mean less than 45 degrees for the high, then I'll wear different boots.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
        I wear mine year round. We have a ton of cactus on our place, so it helps while tracking and moving around.
        Same.....cactus, small mesquites, cedars etc etc. Plus they keep my legs warm so I can hunt in shorts..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Same.....cactus, small mesquites, cedars etc etc. Plus they keep my legs warm so I can hunt in shorts..
          Nobody wants to think of that!

I wear mine year around also....BUT WITH JEANS OR CAMO PANTS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Same.....cactus, small mesquites, cedars etc etc......
            x3

Comment

Year round... and I will wear them with shorts...weather permitting.

Comment

Year round. ****ed things are too expensive to only be worn during the summer.

Comment

I don’t own any lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Year round for the most part. We’ve dang near stepped on em in December while pheasant hunting with temps in 30’s.

Comment

I wear mine year around. Coldest I have hunted recently was 22 degrees though. 1 pair of socks and snake boots, I am good.

Comment

I've switched to Turtleskin snake gaiters so I will wear them year round. When it's too cold for snakes and I'm wearing insulated boots I like the protection from all the prickly pear.

Comment

This unless its extremely cold then I break out my Kenetreks

Comment

Living along the coast.... never put em up. We consistently kill snakes Nov - Jan

Comment

I killed a 6'4" rattler last year in late December. It had been low 40's the week before. I'd be wearing them year round

Comment

Working...
                              X