Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone dog proofed their back porch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone dog proofed their back porch?

Our year old lady pup Gus is trying to destroy our back porch on the days we are not home. I know he gets board on most days after he's dug up all the weeds in the flowerbeds for me and also after hes tried to randomly restack a cord of wood all over the yard. I wanted to see what you folks thought about keeping the pup from jumping from the yard over the wall into th enclosed porch. I'm leaning on a kind of cattle style section to frame in. I know screen will not work, he will be through that in no time.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Electric fence

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Electric fence
      I thought about that but I'm pretty sure my six year old son would forget about it

Comment

I think some cattle panel’s would look good, you could paint them too.

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
          I thought about that but I'm pretty sure my six year old son would forget about it

Maybe, but he won't forget about it twice.

Comment

Electric fence with The collar that shocks good dog it will not hurt and the boy but it will keep the dog out he will only Cross it once
            Pet safe has a model that we used on our two labrador puppies it kept a 75 pound and a 120 pound lab where they supposed to be

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
              Electric fence with The collar that shocks good dog it will not hurt and the boy but it will keep the dog out he will only Cross it once
              Pet safe has a model that we used on our two labrador puppies it kept a 75 pound and a 120 pound lab where they supposed to be
              Csn you send me a link to that brother. The ones I'm seeing on Amazon are around $200. I really like that idea. Can I mount something like that on the exterior boards or does it need to be burried?

Comment

The one we have is wireless it sends a Signal and affects the area signal is in when the dog tries to exit that area is when a collar activates
                We have had it for 6+ years I bought it used on the green screen I will look up the model number and send it to you academy carries them also

I just looked at it it just says pet safe wireless fence no #’s
                Last edited by airehead; 05-20-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                  The one we have is wireless it sends a Signal and affects the area signal is in when the dog tries to exit that area is when a collar activates
                  We have had it for 6+ years I bought it used on the green screen I will look up the model number and send it to you academy carries them also

I just looked at it it just says pet safe wireless fence no #’s
                  Thank you very much sir. I will see what I can find.

Comment

Why not install a shutter type awning that tilts up when your home but you can easily close. Gives you some extra shade when it’s opened.

Comment

She's 14 months. This was her latest patio demolition.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Cattle panels and some wisteria vines ( pm me I will send you some )

Comment

I’d do something like this on top of the rock wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post

Sure wouldn't take him long to remember " DON'T TOUCH THE FENCE"

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                              Why not install a shutter type awning that tilts up when your home but you can easily close. Gives you some extra shade when it’s opened.
                              Unless it's made of stainless steel it won't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X