Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glock 42 or 43.

Comment

Glock 43,............but I really think the Kimber micro 9 is the ideal gun for her.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
        I recommend a revolver in 38sp for those that are not used to handling guns.
        Not bad advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
          One of the easiest to rack. Might be a factor for her due to her size and strength. She needs to be able to chamber and eject rounds if she is going to carry it.

Comment

Ruger LCR or a Taurus 85 for a cheaper option

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
              If you want her to shoot several carry pistols......I have several and am in NW Houston (Cypress).

I have the LCR, SC9, and Full sized .45s.
              That is an extremely gracious offer and I may very well take you up on that. Thank you, sir.

I have always been fortunate enough to have family land to hunt/shoot on. I think I've been to three gun ranges in my life. Question: Without knowing someone with the guns (yourself), how would we go about trying guns out. Is it unreasonable to go to a range that sells weapons, Saddle River, for example, and ask to shoot a few different guns?

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                One of the easiest to rack. Might be a factor for her due to her size and strength. She needs to be able to chamber and eject rounds if she is going to carry it.
                Yup. Exactly why we're leaning towards a revolver unless something changes my mind.

Comment

One more to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                    Yup. Exactly why we're leaning towards a revolver unless something changes my mind.
                    My wife wanted a revolver until she shot my friends wife's .380.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                      My wife wanted a revolver until she shot my friends wife's .380.
                      Had she shot a gun before? Previous to that? This is for someone that has NEVER been around firearms. Of course, we are starting with safety rules and whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                        Had she shot a gun before? Previous to that? This is for someone that has NEVER been around firearms. Of course, we are starting with safety rules and whatnot.
                        She had shot some rifles before, but she wasn't really into guns.

That was her first experience with a handgun. It was a Browning Black Label and she was immediatly busting coke cans with it.

Comment

Find a gun store/range near you where she can shoot several different brands.

Comment

Sig P238 Scorpion, sweet little 380 !!!

Comment

LCP with a techna clip attached to the side.

Extremely easy to carry and conceal.

If its not comfortable and easy to carry then she wont carry it.

Comment

I'm about to sell my wife's Springfield xdm 9mm compact but you're too far away and it will be $450 with a bunch of extras....

Comment

Working...
                                X