Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 IBO Trad World Championship

Pipestem, West Virginia July 20-22, 2018

New format for 2018 IBO Traditional World Championship, Pipestem, WV, July 20-22, 2018

The IBO mission is to offer a true world class competitive event that also promotes fellowship of family and friends.
    Beginning this year we will offer four shoot times to complete 30 IBO World championship targets. Shoot times will be 8:00 AM and 11:00am Friday and Saturday….shotgun start!
    “Everyone" (except Cubs and Eagles) shoots final 30 targets Sunday, 8:00AM shotgun start. Awards immediately following.
    There are two, thirty target ranges ….A & B.
    Classes shot on course A – REC, RU, TH, FREC, FRU, STRAD
    Classes on course B – MLB, SLB, SB, LB, FLB, YU
    Cubs & Eagles will shoot with their guardians on either course.
    Also new this year:
    Archers may shoot 2 classes, (a class on each range), but may only choose one class/one bow to compete in on Sunday.
    Bowhunter Challenge format stays the same.
    In addition to the "Trad Tech Sadie Hawkins" Team Event, and the 3Rivers Showcase Shootdown event, we are excited to present a new event the "Last Man Standing".
    In order to preserve the integrity of the sport of traditional archery, the IBO is continually striving to enhance our tournament format. We look forward to a fantastic event this year in West Virginia.
    Questions contact: levy.bryant@airgas.com

That sounds great! Wish I could make it!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

So, will Sunday be shot still under peer grouping or just with whoever??

To me, that can make all the difference in the world putting the pressure on to hold your spot or move up the heep. Definitely would remove the "championship" feel if shooting against your peers was taken away and you could just shoot with whomever. That's one thing I've always liked about the IBO worlds and TSLC.

Comment

The peer grouping does not change. On Sunday, archers will continued to be peered as before: 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc...for the championship day. The invite for all to shoot on Sunday adds to the IBO Championship experience for all archers, and promotes more archers participating and shooting their bows. Archers will be able to come for the weekend and stay until the award show. In addition, all of the IBO courses, and rounds are shot in "like" peer groups, with "like" bows...you will be grouped by an IBO official to shoot any of the IBO courses, hence the shotgun shoot times of 8am and 11am. The Bowhunter Challenge range is for socializing, friends, family, etc. and you may group yourselves.

Comment

Will there be a separate shootdown for selfbows like the last few years?

Comment

Yes the "Arvin Weaver Self Bow Shootdown" will be held Saturday evening. What a fun time it is watching that event with the self bows. The IBO thanks Arvin for his sponsorship again this year.

Comment

I like it.
              Wish I could make it.

Now, if we can just convince the IBO to get rid of their 3 X 4" (12" total) minimum length fletching rule.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Skunklady View Post
                The peer grouping does not change. On Sunday, archers will continued to be peered as before: 1-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc...for the championship day. The invite for all to shoot on Sunday adds to the IBO Championship experience for all archers, and promotes more archers participating and shooting their bows. Archers will be able to come for the weekend and stay until the award show. In addition, all of the IBO courses, and rounds are shot in "like" peer groups, with "like" bows...you will be grouped by an IBO official to shoot any of the IBO courses, hence the shotgun shoot times of 8am and 11am. The Bowhunter Challenge range is for socializing, friends, family, etc. and you may group yourselves.

Glad to hear peer groups are being kept and actually done for all rounds. New format sounds good and like that everyone gets a chance to come back on Sunday and shoot.

Hope its a great turnout and sure hate to miss it this year!

Comment

Hey Rick. Just to clarify: that rule is only in the Men's Recurve and Tradhunter classes. You probably knew that, but just making sure. Wish you and Medicine Man could make it. It is a bit far to drive from Texas. Will be a lot cooler than Tennessee. (I hope)

Comment

And as far as Bisch coming....we will miss him too....Those West Virginians are missing out on you 3 not showing up.

Comment

Another great change to the IBO Trad World for you to know. The 3Rivers Showcase Shootdown will include the top 16 men from the white stake on the Bowhunter Challenge range (BHC), the top 16 men from the orange stake on the BHC range, and the top 16 women on BHC range. So this year, there will be 3 winners in the 3 Rivers Showcase Shootdown event.

Comment

And as far as Bisch coming....we will miss him too....Those West Virginians are missing out on you 3 not showing up.
                        Another great change to the IBO Trad World for you to know. The 3Rivers Showcase Shootdown will include the top 16 men from the white stake on the Bowhunter Challenge range (BHC), the top 16 men from the orange stake on the BHC range, and the top 16 women on BHC range. So this year, there will be 3 winners in the 3 Rivers Showcase Shootdown event.
                        I really like the break up on the shootdown. That sounds really good!

Wish I could be there, but have to much going with my trip across the pond not long after the shoot! Would love to see and shoot in the west Virginia hills for sure!

Comment

Hey Rick. Just to clarify: that rule is only in the Men's Recurve and Tradhunter classes. You probably knew that, but just making sure. Wish you and Medicine Man could make it. It is a bit far to drive from Texas. Will be a lot cooler than Tennessee. (I hope)
                          Hey Shana, thanks.

Yeah, I knew that.
                          Since I shoot off the shelf, I would shoot in the Men's Recurve class, so it applies to me.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                          X