Lime Fajitas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lime Fajitas

After seeing someone ask about fajitas in Travis's thread, I thought I would offer up my recipe. I actually did this at my wife's work yesterday for a going away lunch for an intern that they had this summer.

Trim up the skirt steak and cut into four to six inch sections cutting with the grain. Season how you want, I use garlic powder, lemon pepper, season salt and what ever else I grab and rub into the meat. You can leave it like this for awhile or move on to the marinade.

Place meat in a container and cover with fresh lime juice, and I mean cover. Let marinade for at least one to two hours and grill. While on the grill I usually brush more fresh lime juice on to keep moist.

If doing chicken, let sit in lime juice for at least two hours or more.

When I cook around ten pounds of meat, I usually use around 20 nice sized limes. This really gives the meat great flavor.

Enjoy!

Brad

My mouth is watering. It sounds gooooooood!

Comment

It's amazing how much the lime juice helps tenderize a tougher cut of meat. Great recipe. I've also started using "Flatiron steak" instead of flank for fajitas

Comment

I've been doing that same thing, only adding garlic salt, for years. I love it. Works real well with venison.

Comment

sounds like what Lupe Toritllas restaurant does for their fajitas.. I haven't acquired a huge lime taste yet on my meat.. it's not to bad...

Comment

That's how they do it in MEXICO!!!! I also use a lot of lime juice on deer roasts in a crockpot. Shred it and you have shredded taco meat for a week.

Comment

casey, what cut do u use of venison for you fajita meat?

Comment

Working...
              X