Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexican sweet onions.....

i love 'em grilled-in-the-pouch....

slice em in 1/2 inch thick slices... take some foil and make a bowl and put down a slice or two of applewood smoked bacon, then lay the onion slice on top and then take a jalapeno and slice in half (deseed if ya want) and lay on top of onion. Put in a couple of dollops of butter and some dark beer. seal up the bowl and place on the grill. open periodically until it's cooked to the doneness-level that you want. An excellent topping on burgers, steaks or just all by itself!!

Comment

I like purple onions

Comment

1015's or Purple Onions are my favorites

Comment

As a kid I wouldn't eat onions. Until a guy I worked for had me taste some of the 1015's out of his garden. They've been my favorites since. Never tasted any as sweet as his though.
          I just use yellow onions for general cooking.

Comment

For cooking, yellow is the best according to most chefs that I've heard. It's what I use but I'm sure it comes down to personal preference.

Comment

yellow and purple for chilli, white for pico de gallo

Comment

to me an onion is an onion, and I LOVE each and everyone of them.

Comment

Funyuns!!!!

Comment

Purple for sweetness

Yellow for texture and flavor that will stand up to long cook times

White seems to hold flavor better through a quick saute or even raw with your pico.

Green is good for every stinkin thing in the world, even bloody marys!

Comment

Never had a Noonday. When and where are they available?

Comment

Purple on every thing for me

Comment

Originally posted by Ellis View Post
                          Never had a Noonday. When and where are they available?
                          Only place I've seen them is in Noonday, between Palestine and Tyler on 155. Every farmer in the area is set up on the side of the road selling them. Probably be some out in a month or two. I get a sack every time I go through there and they have them.

Comment

Working...
                          X