Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    If I said I didn't chuckle when I saw them dragging him away,glasses a mess and belly hanging out....I'd be lying. Looked like something out of a movie.

I know it's actually a serious conversation everyone is having about the incident. But being serious just isn't my thing most of the time.

I bet you do a lot of flying. Or traveling for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by tgridley View Post
      C) Being arrested, tazed or shot for taking out the guy that put his hands on me trying to drag me out of my seat.
      Bingo! I want to know how they selected the 4 that were selected to exit the plane. Kind of ironic that they didn't try to drag a 6'5 250# fella out of his seat.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
        Every passenger pays their dues...i'm no different...i paid mine.. in 20yrs of travel, i can count on both hands how many times i have paid for a 1st class seating... doesn't matter if someone flies 1x or 1000x per yr... doesn't make anyone less human...it also doesnt exempt grown *** adults from responsibility of their actions & what they commit to...the fact he may have been uneducated abt a contract he committed to IS NOT United's problem...it's his
        I beg to differ, there was no reasonable reason to bloody a grown *** man who paid for his seat, you do what you can to accommodate the consumer, and file your employees in as you can. If your employees are not where you need them, you should have scheduled better, not forcefully evict a paid customer. Period.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
          Bingo! I want to know how they selected the 4 that were selected to exit the plane. Kind of ironic that they didn't try to drag a 6'5 250# fella out of his seat.
          Kind of ironic they didn't have to drag the other 3 people off too..

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Kind of ironic they didn't have to drag the other 3 people off too..
            Simple. A lot of people don't have back bones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
              I beg to differ, there was no reasonable reason to bloody a grown *** man who paid for his seat, you do what you can to accommodate the consumer, and file your employees in as you can. If your employees are not where you need them, you should have scheduled better, not forcefully evict a paid customer. Period.

united did that...hmmph...didnt know that. Perhaps his actions had some to do with his treatment by airport police...is that possible?

I'll take it a step further...if someone is going to be that much of an *** abt a flight...i don't want him on a plane with me..period, no excuse for a grown man to act that way over a flight
              Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                united did that...hmmph...didnt know that. Perhaps his actions had some to do with his treatment by airport police...is that possible? I'll take it a step further...if someone is going to he that much of an *** abt a flight...i don't want him on a plane with me..period, no exucse for a grown man acting in a manner to he treated as such
                United was able to force volunteerism with three browshirts. Great way to make non-volunteers comply unwillingly.

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                  Simple. A lot of people don't have back bones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
                  So resisting law enforcement takes backbone? The hipocrisy on here is unreal. A cop shoots someone and it's "do what you're told, and you won't get shot", but a flight crew asks a passenger to get off of aircraft, and it's kiss my *** and make me. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                    I bet you do a lot of flying. Or traveling for that matter.
                    Only flew one time. Nobody asked me to give up my seat. If they had they wouldn't have made me look like an idiot by dragging me off of it like a dead deer either though.

Comment

They didn't force him to volunteer...they enforced a contract he was party to...when he didn't comply...they escalated to the police...he was (or should if been) aware if his risk when he submitted payment for the flight...his ignorance of his committment is no excuse

Would the cc company be out of line if they come after him for not paying his bill or is he on the hook for that simply b/c he was aware he was supposed to pay it?? He is contractually obligated to both the airline & cc company equally no? Is it the cc company's fault if he chooses to be an ***, make a scene & refuse to pay his bill?
                      Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                        They didn't force him to volunteer...they enforced a contract he was party to...when he didn't comply...they escalated to the police...he was (or should if been) aware if his risk when he submitted payment for the flight...his ignorance of his committment is no excuse
                        United asked for volunteers.
                        The victim refused to volunteer.
                        United had to call in brownshirts to get victim to volunteer with force.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post

Would the cc company be out of line if they come after him for not paying his bill or is he on the hook for that simply b/c he was aware he was supposed to pay it?? He is contractually obligated to both the airline & cc company equally no? Is it the cc company's fault if he chooses to be an ***, make a scene & refuse to pay his bill?
                          Bill was paid. Your defense for them, no matter what the contract says, is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            United asked for volunteers.
                            The victim refused to volunteer.
                            United had to call in brownshirts to get victim to volunteer with force.
                            And if no one volunteers, then the airline will pick who is to be removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                              Bill was paid. Your defense for them, no matter what the contract says, is ridiculous.

Their contract is their defense. Pretty simple really.

Comment

That...is not what happened...they asked for volunteers, didn't receive enough for the compensation they were offering (which was probably above what they were contractually obligated to offer), did not have enough folks take the oppty & as a last resort implemented their contractual right to excuse the lowest person on the over sold pole

Comment

Working...
                                X