Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
    That's pretty easy for you to say, sitting in the comfort of your own home.
    Until you wind up in that guy's situation. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be quite so calm, collected, or.......smug
    I guess it's hard to know how one might react in that situation. However, no matter how unfairly you are being treated, once it becomes apparent you are going to be leaving the plane one way or another I would think preserving one's dignity at that point and leaving under your own power is the way to go. I would be forever embarrassed if I acted that way and it was captured on video. I shudder to think of friends and family seeing it -especially my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      This thread delivers!

Id like to fly with the one feller (not the one kicked off), drink and BS the entire flight!

LOL
      Meh...you'd have to pay for drinks.....he obviously wasn't in 1st class...lol

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
        Meh...you'd have to pay for drinks.....he obviously wasn't in 1st class...lol
        I was hoping they'd be put on your tab.....[emoji2]

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          He is an ***.
          Haha...opinions vary...some matter, some don't...guess which bucket your's is in? Hard to dispute facts tho my man...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I was hoping they'd be put on your tab.....[emoji2]
            Of course...companion upgrade...sky club 1st tho
            Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              The other question is this. If it was you getting screwed and kicked off, how would you handle it?

A) be understandably mad, argue your case then leave peaceably swearing to never fly with them again. Write letters of complaint, blog about it and tell everyone you know.
              B) lay on the floor and act like a toddler throwing a fit at WalMart because MeeMaw won't by you gummy bears

Have some self respect dude.
              C) Being arrested, tazed or shot for taking out the guy that put his hands on me trying to drag me out of my seat.

Comment

United should have merely upped offer to leave plane. Someone would have taken offer at $1,000 or so. Not passengers' fault plane was over-booked and dead-head crew needed to get to Louisville by Monday.

Two things: 1) Don't care to share a campfire with Rodina Ranc ... like, ever.
                2) True irony: same day this public relations fiasco occurs CEO of United is getting an award from a national public relations association for communicator of the year....

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                  Ok...go ask united if they "randomly" select folks when over sold ...again...i'll wait...i'll save u some time...THEY DON'T...there is a matrix each airline uses to determine who gets booted based on ticket price, status, etc..it is anything but random...in fact, most are very logical...spend more with us ...u safe...pay $2500 when guy next to u pays $250...u safe!
                  Fascinating. So, like you, United Airlines states some people are worth more than others. I own my own business and treat everyone with respect until they no longer deserve it. I don't tie up their schedule thereby wasting their time and money, I just tell them I will no longer do their work. What United did is the equivalent of my accepting work, being paid for it prior to services being rendered and then deciding I'm going turkey hunting moments before work commences.

It's all good though because I put it 40+ pages deep into a stupid contract no one reads. That sums up your position and if you claim to have read their contract as a paying customer, you're a liar.

Comment

I guess it could have been worse. Could have removed him after takeoff
                    Kidding of course....basically their boarding policy boils down to you have no rights seated or not if they decide to remove you.
                    Excuse me sir, but despite fixed # of seats we over booked. Sorry but that's our policy. Oh and by the way despite overlooking this during boarding roll call & scanning passes and allowing you to take your seat, we are demanding your removal by whatever means....Oh and thanks for trying to fly united & have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                      How many threads did you have to read through to drop your "million miler" title? Congrats on showing everyone that flight miles and likability are not directly correlated.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
                        How many threads did you have to read through to drop your "million miler" title? Congrats on showing everyone that flight miles and likability are not directly correlated.
                        You win the internet for today...

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                          Fascinating. So, like you, United Airlines states some people are worth more than others. I own my own business and treat everyone with respect until they no longer deserve it. I don't tie up their schedule thereby wasting their time and money, I just tell them I will no longer do their work. What United did is the equivalent of my accepting work, being paid for it prior to services being rendered and then deciding I'm going turkey hunting moments before work commences.

It's all good though because I put it 40+ pages deep into a stupid contract no one reads. That sums up your position and if you claim to have read their contract as a paying customer, you're a liar.
                          You just might wanna know a fella before calling him
                          A liar...& yes i have read every contract of carriage of every airline i've flown...out of necessity, not b/c I didn't have anything better to do...lol

& yes...fact of matter is some customers are worth more than others....hence the whole reason a contract of carriage is in place ...to resolve such disputes before they occur

I don't know your line of work...but i know mine...if i have 2 clients in need of a specific resource (& i only have 1 guy who can do the work).one does $1M worth of business with me & another does $50k annually...i am going to staff the $1M client with the resource & offer the $50k client compensation...why...b/c one client is "better" than the other in terms of revenue
                          Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Here's the part of the story that doesn't make any sense. After he was removed:

The man was able to get back on the plane after initially being taken off – his face was bloody and he seemed disoriented, Bridges said, and he ran to the back of the plane. Passengers asked to get off the plane as a medical crew came on to deal with the passenger, she said, and passengers were then told to go back to the gate so that officials could "tidy up" the plane before taking off.

Comment

I guess the airline can refuse service and remove whoever they want from the plane.

The guy acted like a child kicking and screaming. Grow up there are other avenues to expressing your grievances. Most got over the kicking and screaming in elementary.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
                                Deal!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X