Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooliganism Friday

BLM "day of rage" planned for Friday.

Dallas isn't on the list but would you let your kid go to a concert at the Gexa Friday night?

This bs has got to come to an end. Theyre going to bite off more then they can chew before long and its going to get bad. Or at least thats what I see happening if they keep pushing the limits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure the Austin protest will be exciting!

Comment

I am a bit surprised that there hasn't been any BLM protest in Houston, not saying that I want there to be one, just a little surprising.

Comment

Screw them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
            I am a bit surprised that there hasn't been any BLM protest in Houston, not saying that I want there to be one, just a little surprising.

Here's my two cents on that. Houston is:

1. Growing, successful, and has plenty of jobs
            2. So freaking diverse it makes NYC look like white bread Iowa
            3. Fairly safe as far as crime and fairly nonviolent in comparison to other cities
            4. Houston is also a commuter city, so the population pressure is outward and allows different cultures to thrive instead being forced on top of one another.

Not saying it won't happen but it has some things going for it that keep tension lower than other places.

Comment

I'll wait to see if this is an accurate story or not.

If it is, this may backfire, the general public is growing weary of the violence and destruction. A coordinated effort such as this could very well galvanize law abiding citizens to revolt against the movement. Remember we have been told the violence is "fringe" groups, not the core of blm.

Comment

Absolutely disagree with your point three. I've been working nights in the ghettos since 1995 and nowhere else in Texas is as wild and lawless as Houston. Not even close. I can work in Dallas in the area around the VA Hospital and focus on work. Houston inside the loop (and on the NW side all the way out to 8) is condition red all the time. Still manage to get robbed and ripped off though. I'll agree that Houston criminals tend go out of their way to avoid violence but there's a reason why I've observed over the last twenty one years I don't want to get into right now.

Comment

Considering that Central Austin is mostly populated by spoiled white kids I doubt it will be locals that cause any trouble. We are likely the least diverse large city in TX. Now being that it is at the State Capitol, we could have weirdos coming in from all over the State.

Comment

Originally posted by twobanger View Post
                    Absolutely disagree with your point three. I've been working nights in the ghettos since 1995 and nowhere else in Texas is as wild and lawless as Houston. Not even close. I can work in Dallas in the area around the VA Hospital and focus on work. Houston inside the loop (and on the NW side all the way out to 8) is condition red all the time. Still manage to get robbed and ripped off though. I'll agree that Houston criminals tend go out of their way to avoid violence but there's a reason why I've observed over the last twenty one years I don't want to get into right now.
                    The press here doesn't cover much does it. I used to work "boardings" down on the Houston ship channel with CBP. If the general population had any idea of what goes on in this city they would think they were in another country, maybe another world. I know for a fact it is number one for human slavery.

Comment

Originally posted by twobanger View Post
                      Inside the loop is condition red all the time? River Oaks, west u, the heights, rice/museum district, upper kirby, rice military/washington, braeswood are all very safe areas.

Comment

Lock 'n Load

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          Inside the loop is condition red all the time? River Oaks, west u, the heights, rice/museum district, upper kirby, rice military/washington, braeswood are all very safe areas.
                          Not at 0200 they aren't. People would freak out if they knew what comes in with the night. Just east of the Museum District there's a Stripes with a Denny's across the street from it on Southmore you should visit at about 0220 if you don't believe me. The Museum and Medical district is borderd by some really bad neighborhoods. Sunnyside (most dangerous neighborhood in the state) is just a couple of miles south and Third Ward is just north of it. They don't always stay home.

Comment

Turns out that this list is a copy and paste from two years ago where nothing happened.
                            Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

....military officials with several commands including U.S. Army North, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois and Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado are urging troops to stay away from locations that could become host to violence.

Some base officials are warning service members to stay away from rumored protests that could take place in cities across the US.

It could be much ado about nothing, or there could be something being planned.

Comment

Working...
                              X