Slomo critique

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slomo critique

So, first season bow hunting and want some opinions. I have two separate slomo videos, one of my bow hand and arrow, the other of my release hand.

It doesn't appear that I'm torquing anything (from my limited experience)

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

I believe that I am slapping the release. Not 100% sure though.

Any tips from what you can see are welcome. I have thick skin so no worries. Thanks in advance.

Punching the trigger. Shorten your release so that you can curl your finger around the trigger. Then use your back muscles to release the trigger rather than your finger.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I always assumed I wanted the trigger to fall where you would want to shoot a rifle.

Comment

It looks like to me you might be torquing the bow before you even release. Next time you go to shoot, draw your bow back like your going to shoot, then look up and down at your cam/wheel and look to see if your string is coming straight off your cam/wheel. If it's not then your torquing the bow and you need to adjust your grip on the bow until you see the string coming straight off the string. I also agree your punching the release.

Comment

Your bow hand looked good, but I agree that your release was not very smooth. I think what Andy said is right, when my release is in my hand it feels like it's going to be too short but once the tension gets pulled it hits my finger right. Also I try to pull real smooth.

Comment

Bow hand is great! I didn't even see that video at first

Comment

Awesome thanks for all the replies. I've shortened up my release a bit and will practice some more later on this evening. Too dang hot out here to do much.

Comment

Originally posted by blake_gibson View Post
                Awesome thanks for all the replies. I've shortened up my release a bit and will practice some more later on this evening. Too dang hot out here to do much.
                Yeah I haven't shot in a couple weeks.

Comment

Little update. Kinda hard to see but getting a little better. Switching to back tension next season but not enough time now.

Comment

Yeah it's hard to see but it looks like you are releasing smoother.

Comment

Bow arm is pretty good. Trouble is what I call the classic "slap and peek" that most trigger-release compound shooters do. First, they slap the trigger instead of squeezing it until they get a surprise release, and second, they move their head so both eyes are facing the target in order to see the arrow flight.

Agree with the advice above to shorten the release and get more trigger in the finger, then learn to squeeze it off until it surprises you when it fires.

Then, pretend someone set a glass of water on your head and don't spill it when you release. Hold that position until the arrow is completely in the target.

Comment

Working...
                      X