lincoln ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lincoln ranch

Karl has posted a few pics on the web page.

can anyone fill me in on what the odds are of a guy getting a nice buck at the Lincoln thanks

Comment

It depends on how hard you hunt your pasture. I've been there 2 years and I have only shot a doe, but had plenty of opportunity to take lots of meat. But I'm hunting for trophy's. I have seen many management bucks and a few bucks that were knocking at the door of 130. If you go during the right time and spend enough time in the blind, there are endless possibilities. Picking the right spots to hunt and using trail cams helps. Also you need to hunt at least 4 days or more so deer can get used to hitting your feeding spots.

Comment

You need a trail cam set at several feeders he has and then pick the best spot. Wind direction at your spot. A very well brushed blind is a must!!

Comment

Your chances are pretty good. I was there last year for 4 days and while I was there in camp they had 8 bucks taken and 3 or 4 where trophies.

Comment

what month were you there?

Comment

The more you learn the place, the better the chance. I've been there at least a half dozen times and always have targets. Listen to the guys who get the good ones year after year. I did and 2012 and 2013 I came oh too close to scoring big. My job won't give me the time now. I had the most majestic mid 140s 8 ptr just 20 yds in front of me but he wouldn't turn.

Comment

feeders?

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                You need a trail cam set at several feeders he has and then pick the best spot. Wind direction at your spot. A very well brushed blind is a must!!
                I have been there several times in the past and never new he had feeders set up, is this something new?

Comment

Ready for The Lincoln Ranch!

Comment

trav88 he has pics of them on his web site. They are great for hog hunters. He has a good setup,

Comment

Headed out

Headed to the Lincoln in the morning.

Comment

Keep us posted trav288. We will be there jan 2-8

Comment

How is the hunting at the Lincoln Ranch?

Comment

Headed to the Lincoln tues morning for 6 days. Not a better time I do believe. I'll check in from time to time! Dec 16-22nd

Comment

Would like to know how the hog hunting is @ this ranch. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X